Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually true, one of Rodri's strength is distribution, that's not Ferna's strength. Additionally, ball retention and rotation under high pressure. Something only Gundogan is excellent at in our team.

Not true.

Bernardo for one...;)

Pace isn't everything. Pirlo wasn't the quickest, but he was 10 steps ahead of most other players on the field. Intelligence is one of the best attributes in football IMO. The ability to read situations before they arise, Rodri falls straight into this category.

Could prove a very shrewd signing for us. If he turns out half as good as Busquets, we will have some player on our hands.
Pace isn’t as important when you’re playing defensively in a Juventus/Italy team known for their negative style of play, however the numbers we commit forward at times could mean he’s left 1 vs 1 in open spaces a few times in which pace is vital.

Overall I think the way Pep sets us up to stop counter attacks with the likes of Walker tucking in means he won’t be exposed very often, so I don’t think it’s a major issue at all but it is still a weakness in his game.

Not true.

Bernardo for one...;)
tbf Bernardo as it stands is pretty much good at everything really. I'm solely talking from a midfield vs high press situation. We face that only in CL and top 4 sides in PL. Bernardo played higher in those games, but obviously he can do 'absolutely everything' *pleased pep voice*

Pace isn't everything. Pirlo wasn't the quickest, but he was 10 steps ahead of most other players on the field. Intelligence is one of the best attributes in football IMO. The ability to read situations before they arise, Rodri falls straight into this category.

Could prove a very shrewd signing for us. If he turns out half as good as Busquets, we will have some player on our hands.

This. So much this.

Pirlo up there with my favourite players of all time.

Another interesting little clip at the front of that video is the 'similar type player'.
From one side of the spectrum (Frenkie de Jong) to the other (Scott McTominay)
Sometimes, you are not like any player in particular, but have shades of different players in you.

I don't agree with your assessment of when we've used the 2 DMs. We did away at Liverpool. Did not at home. But that's neither here nor there.

While we did come away with a point at Liverpool, the system didn't work well. We played poorly for stretches, mostly as a consequence of being slower in thought and play.

Granted, because we often only try this against better teams, it could just be that it's the fact of the other team being better than normal that's the common factor and not our tactical change.

But in my view, playing with 2 DMs generally results in us playing poorer. Now when I say playing with 2 DMs, I'm talking about when we lose the 2nd AM to do so and not when a fullback or Center back joins the DM as an Auxiliary DM.

In the former, we often play poorly, in the latter our performance stays the same.
I agree with you regarding the 2dms. I'd rather not generally. However, needs must at times.
I actually think we played well at Anfield.
The fullbacks sat and were disciplined as did the midfield and stopped the annual gubbing we always take and we should have won it at the end with the pen.
If Pep plumped for fern and Rodri in the same team, I'm pretty sure fern would play as an 8, with licence to push, create and press further up the pitch.
Fern would not in my opinion sit by the side of fern but he would give City that greater level of intensity in the press further up the pitch against a Liverpool or spurs.
At the end of the day your right it's all hypothetical but I'd be surprised if Pep weren't tempted to plump for them both on their occasions if he felt it was required.

I will be honest I don't know a lot about Rodri, but if he turns out as good as Dhino I will not be complaining. Obviously, he will need time to settle in and I am sure there will be a few on here who will write him off after a couple of games.

Looking forward to seeing him play (If he signs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.