Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's one of the best no 6 in the world, we're buying a super star.
It's one of them I think. He needs to be seen first before the queries settle down. I remember Laporte first game a day after he arrived in the country to sign. In the first 5 mins he played a 50-60 yard pass to Sterling or whoever was on the right. Its then we all knew.

Superstar

I'm not sure this is true. A different kind of passer? Yes. A better passer, debatable. I'd say he seems a better decision maker under pressure. But he hasn't faced (or I haven't seen him under) pressure Fri. A Liverpool or Tothenham team. So we'd have to wait and see.

That's actually true, one of Rodri's strength is distribution, that's not Ferna's strength. Additionally, ball retention and rotation under high pressure. Something only Gündogan is excellent at in our team.

Peps has not deployed an industrious number 8 against Liverpool or Tottenham from my memory.

However. he did adopt a more conservative approach deploying a more industrious approach in the midfield in home and away games against Liverpool last season.

City walked away with 4 points from 6 in those two games. In theory and practice I would say that approach worked for Pep, as those results arguably won us the league.
I don't agree with your assessment of when we've used the 2 DMs. We did away at Liverpool. Did not at home. But that's neither here nor there.

While we did come away with a point at Liverpool, the system didn't work well. We played poorly for stretches, mostly as a consequence of being slower in thought and play.

Granted, because we often only try this against better teams, it could just be that it's the fact of the other team being better than normal that's the common factor and not our tactical change.

But in my view, playing with 2 DMs generally results in us playing poorer. Now when I say playing with 2 DMs, I'm talking about when we lose the 2nd AM to do so and not when a fullback or Center back joins the DM as an Auxiliary DM.

In the former, we often play poorly, in the latter our performance stays the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.