Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks pretty much a Fernie like for like replacement.

Seems to sniff out dangerous moments in the game well from a defensive point of view & recycles the ball with simple passes very similar to Rice but will be far much cheaper.

Occasionally his touch on the ball seems heavy & I do feel Pep is perhaps looking for a more dynamic CDM who can consistently play defence splitting passes like De Jong or drive through the midfield like Ndombele. However, if this is the case we’ll be looking forever for the perfect Pep player who I don’t think actually exists & we just need a Fernie cover to allow us to compete for multiple trophies in the short term rather patching up this position.

Surprised this link to City/Pep hasn't happened earlier but I am skeptical about there being much to it. He's a rojiblanco, through & through. Unless the club is truly in some freefall internally and selling all their assets, I struggle to believe the player would even be swayed by the chance to work with Pep.

That being said, it's true there is a lot of belief he has a profile like Busquets and who would know better than Guardiola who effectively discovered & capitalized on the unheralded and unknown, Sergio Busquets

Surprised this link to City/Pep hasn't happened earlier but I am skeptical about there being much to it. He's a rojiblanco, through & through. Unless the club is truly in some freefall internally and selling all their assets, I struggle to believe the player would even be swayed by the chance to work with Pep.

Wasn't Laporte 'unobtainable' too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.