Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laporte wanted to leave? link?

The first time he was strongly linked to Pep & City, he tore the knee ligaments months before a possible transfer. He stayed to help ensure the Basque club got maximum value for him. That gesture undoubtedly facilitated what later became the more uneventful transfer that was finally consummated. Athletic are notorious for how they hold onto their assets - you have to carefully plan your exit if you want to leave through the front door.

In any event, Laporte isn't even a local academy player like Rodrigo is at Atletico - he's from the city and came through their academy. Could Pep turn his head? I'm not sure. Of course, the wild card in it could be what is going on internally at the club with Atletico - some sort of palpable tension with rumours of an exodus. Because, for me, he's the sort of player that wouldn't leave unless he was deemed surplus

The first time he was strongly linked to Pep & City, he tore the knee ligaments months before a possible transfer. He stayed to help ensure the Basque club got maximum value for him. That gesture undoubtedly facilitated what later became the more uneventful transfer that was finally consummated. Athletic are notorious for how they hold onto their assets - you have to carefully plan your exit if you want to leave through the front door.

In any event, Laporte isn't even a local academy player like Rodrigo is at Atletico - he's from the city and came through their academy. Could Pep turn his head? I'm not sure. Of course, the wild card in it could be what is going on internally at the club with Atletico - some sort of palpable tension with rumours of an exodus. Because, for me, he's the sort of player that wouldn't leave unless he was deemed surplus
That will be a no then.

He's really good. Been exceptional for Atletico this season.
Heard Thomas Partey has as well. Saul is my preference because he seems the closest to Fernandinho for me, but I’ve heard Rodri is very similar to Busquets/Alonso.

Does Rodri have the physical element and aggression that Fernandinho has? Also, does he move forwards and get invoked in attacks, more of a playmaker, or purely defensive?

I thought he was released by them in 2013, he subsequently signed with Villareal and came back to Athleti 2018, he was brought up in Madrid

The release clause will help ... negotiations are a lot more simpler , of course provided there is an agreement with the player already.

Tolmie has already posted we have an agreement already with a player - hopefully him or Saul

I thought he was released by them in 2013, he subsequently signed with Villareal and came back to Athleti 2018, he was brought up in Madrid

No, he's an academy player of Atletico - he played one season with Villarreal's B team before returning. There are a number of examples of this in Spain, where academy players for one reason or another are marginalized or underrated, released and somehow yet still eager to return to their home club. Rodri was always going back to Atletico

It'll be interesting to see how this may develop. I think he never quite reaches his potential under Simeone but we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.