Rodri's strike comment

Really_here

Team supported
City
"Rodri on whether players would ever consider going on strike, if the number of games they are asked to play continues to increase: "Yes, I think we are close to that. It is easy to understand. In general, if you ask any player he will say the same. It is not like it is just the opinion of Rodri, or whoever. I think it is a general opinion of the players, and if it keeps this way, it will be a moment where we have no other option. Let's see. I don't know what is going to happen but it is something that worries us because we are the guys that suffer."

What do you think, I think there is an argument that the clubs should be responsible for ensuring players are happy and rotate?

"Rodri on whether players would ever consider going on strike, if the number of games they are asked to play continues to increase: "Yes, I think we are close to that. It is easy to understand. In general, if you ask any player he will say the same. It is not like it is just the opinion of Rodri, or whoever. I think it is a general opinion of the players, and if it keeps this way, it will be a moment where we have no other option. Let's see. I don't know what is going to happen but it is something that worries us because we are the guys that suffer."

What do you think, I think there is an argument that the clubs should be responsible for ensuring players are happy and rotate?

When you volunteer to play over 15 games for your country you can't really be asked to be taken seriously for your club asking you to play games.

We could start by asking players to put club before country.

FFS don't look at the comments underneath the BBC article - I think the the term 'Overpaid prima donna' is trending heavily.

I thought you had to play for your country ?

No they don't they could do a Ben White and say no, it just means you wont get picked again probably.

Players aren't mentioning the internationals they play when they say they play too much, it's always too much club football.

I think it will get to the point where the players have a cap in a calendar year. Players can't play more than 55 games for example and it'll be a thing that the clubs and countries have to work around.

Rodri is an outlier in that he starts every single game typically. Pep acknowledged he was fatigued last season and we've managed to win games this season without him so hopefully he gets rest throughout the season. He's right that the quality will diminish if the players have to play so many games, it's an insane workload for those at the top of the game in comparison to those with a few domestic cups and the league.

But I can also appreciate the counter argument in that Pep doesn't rotate players all that much yet does complain about the scheduling. He obviously wants to win every game and so picks a team to do so, but we've also been working with a smaller squad than most to get the balance right on and off the pitch. To say we could buy a couple more players is simplifying the issue, but it's also kind of true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.