Rodri's strike comment

Rodri is 100 per cent correct. The football authorities are taking the piss. Too many meaningless internationals, too many CL games. Footballers are athletes and should be supported. They bring joy to billions of people. The top ones are the best of the best and worth every penny they are paid. Racehorses are treated better.
icegif-250.gif

Successful clubs always play more games and at club level there are loads more players to choose from, I remember baconface pulling this shit and getting slated for it.

I don't agree with the CL format full stop I would go straight to the old knockout formula, either way fuck international friendlies there isn't anything exotic about them they are a nuisance in a season that has always been long for successful clubs.

They moan if they aren't playing and they moan if they are playing too much, just get your pants and jersey on and kick off FFS.

I completely agree and you have to get your priorities in order. I don't think anyone should quit international football, but in a long season when you've just won the Euro's do you need to roll out for Spain in the NL?? If it was a World Cup qualifier or a tournament then fine, but you have to be wise to what games are important. Pep will see the CL and league as vital and look to go as strong as possible in those games. The FA Cup he'll balance things as required and the league cup I'd expect him to go for youth and fringe players heavily this season. Then we'll see who is fucked by the time the Club World Cup comes along and pick a squad accordingly. But as I said before, we're likely to be getting to the latter stages with the other European times and could use younger players up to that point anyway.

Footballers’ union should limit the number of matches a player can play. 50 a year should be enough. No reason why City can’t manage our squad around this number. I kind of hope we do as this season, more so than ever, we are going to need all our players fit and chomping at the bit when it’s time to hand out the trophies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.