Rodwell snippet on change in playing style

SWP's back said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
So basically what Mancini was trying last season but hopefully better?

Big difference is Barcelona have 3 of the very best midfielders in the world and the best player in the world. Even then they get struggle playing this way against the top sides in Europe.

I hope we are not putting all our eggs in one basket. We lacked a plan B under Mancini and in this league you have to have more than one way of playing if things aren't going well.

Tevez got us out of jail last season with wonder goals against Swansea and Wigan at home and we were also extremely fortunate to beat Reading. These sides came for a point and almost got one. It was a flash of genius from Tevez that bailed us out in two of them. Have we got that genius now he has gone? Im not so convinced. Barcelona will always have that genius.
Hahaha

I was going to write a proper reply, but that works just fine.

The Barcelona model is attractive on the eye and effective, but significantly, it is a very patient style. Build up play will be similar to previous years, only this year we will have adopted some width and maybe switch players like Silva and Nasri into more centrally threatening positions. The difference will be the pressing to get the ball back and I think that's why teams like Barca and Dortmund are so successful. Other team has no time on the ball and we get it back to hit them with wave after wave of attack. Hopefully there is an alternative style as the Barca style can also be sussed out, Milan did it at the San Siro last year and Barca were completely devoid of ideas. Thats why the likes of Negredo and Dzeko are of benefit cause an aerial threat is something that will always cause issues. We seem very set on copying Barca in many aspects, hopefully similar success comes to us as well

Blue Elmo said:
The Barcelona model is attractive on the eye and effective, but significantly, it is a very patient style. Build up play will be similar to previous years, only this year we will have adopted some width and maybe switch players like Silva and Nasri into more centrally threatening positions. The difference will be the pressing to get the ball back and I think that's why teams like Barca and Dortmund are so successful. Other team has no time on the ball and we get it back to hit them with wave after wave of attack. Hopefully there is an alternative style as the Barca style can also be sussed out, Milan did it at the San Siro last year and Barca were completely devoid of ideas. Thats why the likes of Negredo and Dzeko are of benefit cause an aerial threat is something that will always cause issues. We seem very set on copying Barca in many aspects, hopefully similar success comes to us as well

indeed we have thiere weather @ the mo' must be a sign

the beach is on its way lol

I've read this thread and wondered if some of our fans have actually seen who we have signed this close season.
The pressing game will work well, getting the ball back in dangerous areas and creating chances whilst teams are stretched and looking to attack us. This prevents teams from being set as we attack.
Furthermore, people are criticising and suggesting the tika taka play will not work; it didn;t last season as we were doing it all in front of the opposition banks of four. This season we will add pace and a slightly more direct option with Navas that will provide us with a plan b...and a better plan b than Adam Johnson or Scott Sinclair could ever hope for. Then we are buying a striker who has a great record of headed goals, clearly adapting the style slightly to suit the premier league without simply becoming a long ball team like the rags or stoke...

Rebelblue said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 33m
Yaya to Goal: "Looking at our preparations and with the new manager on board, I am confident that things will be better (next season)."
Can't fooking wait for next season. It seems we will be better conditioned and well practiced tactically.

Seem to remember Bobby saying twice that he hasn't prepared the team well enough...Don't think we'll have that issue anymore.

davymcfc said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
davymcfc said:
Yeah but he just seemed over complimentary that Moyes was given such a great job. Be that as it may I don't really want to hear a city player saying that.
I give up. WTF do you want him to say? He's talking about a manager who developed him and gave him a first-team opportunity. He might think Moyes is a total arsewipe in private but even if he did (which I doubt), he's being polite.
Which is fine but to say he was buzzing that Moyes has landed the job and when united come calling you can hardly say no wasn't brilliant. I much prefer to hear what he says about our manager and team which in fairness sounds very positive.

He's buzzing because he knows United will be less competitive with Moyes steering the ship to Euro Disney :)

tazmancblue said:
I've read this thread and wondered if some of our fans have actually seen who we have signed this close season.
The pressing game will work well, getting the ball back in dangerous areas and creating chances whilst teams are stretched and looking to attack us. This prevents teams from being set as we attack.
Furthermore, people are criticising and suggesting the tika taka play will not work; it didn;t last season as we were doing it all in front of the opposition banks of four. This season we will add pace and a slightly more direct option with Navas that will provide us with a plan b...and a better plan b than Adam Johnson or Scott Sinclair could ever hope for. Then we are buying a striker who has a great record of headed goals, clearly adapting the style slightly to suit the premier league without simply becoming a long ball team like the rags or stoke...

One of the problems of Barca last years was their lack of physical strenght into the second half of the season and one of the consecuences was that their pressure it wasn´t strong as usual giving space to the opponent to attack them (they also have problems with theirs Center Backs). Other consecuence was that their recover the ball farter than usual, son their opponent had extra time to close the spaces. and Rodwell didn´t talk about tiki taka, just easy football

LEDC said:
tazmancblue said:
Furthermore, people are criticising and suggesting the tika taka play will not work; it didn;t last season as we were doing it all in front of the opposition banks of four. This season we will add pace and a slightly more direct option with Navas that will provide us with a plan b...and a better plan b than Adam Johnson or Scott Sinclair could ever hope for. Then we are buying a striker who has a great record of headed goals, clearly adaptting to happen. ing the style slightly to suit the premier league without simply becoming a long ball team like the rags or stoke...

One of the problems of Barca last years was their lack of physical strenght into the second half of the season and one of the consecuences was that their pressure it wasn´t strong as usual giving space to the opponent to attack them (they also have problems with theirs Center Backs). Other consecuence was that their recover the ball farter than usual, son their opponent had extra time to close the spaces. and Rodwell didn´t talk about tiki taka, just easy football

Don't forget their enders are crap. Both FB's are wingers not defenders, Mr. Shakira is a mistake waiting to happen and their keeper is average at best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.