Rodwell snippet on change in playing style

I like the way Rodwell can string a sentence together. There aren't a great deal of English players who don't talk by wingin it/skirting around an answer, but not actually answering the question/like they can't be arsed talking/in clichés.

-- Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:09 pm --

Mr. Aguia said:
LEDC said:
tazmancblue said:
I've read this thread and wondered if some of our fans have actually seen who we have signed this close season.
The pressing game will work well, getting the ball back in dangerous areas and creating chances whilst teams are stretched and looking to attack us. This prevents teams from being set as we attack.
Furthermore, people are criticising and suggesting the tika taka play will not work; it didn;t last season as we were doing it all in front of the opposition banks of four. This season we will add pace and a slightly more direct option with Navas that will provide us with a plan b...and a better plan b than Adam Johnson or Scott Sinclair could ever hope for. Then we are buying a striker who has a great record of headed goals, clearly adaptting to happen. ing the style slightly to suit the premier league without simply becoming a long ball team like the rags or stoke...

One of the problems of Barca last years was their lack of physical strenght into the second half of the season and one of the consecuences was that their pressure it wasn´t strong as usual giving space to the opponent to attack them (they also have problems with theirs Center Backs). Other consecuence was that their recover the ball farter than usual, son their opponent had extra time to close the spaces. and Rodwell didn´t talk about tiki taka, just easy football

Don't forget their enders are crap. Both FB's are wingers not defenders, Mr. Shakira is a mistake waiting to happen and their keeper is average at best.
When Busquets and Xavi play in central midfield they are very slow and more easily shut down than they were when Xavi was younger.

black mamba said:
Football's all about giving the opposition more problems then they can give you , do that and you've a great chance of winning most games .... and the more players you get up the field , the more you'll give the opposition problems !

Great post.

play simple football. I think that’s the way to play at the moment. You look at Barcelona and it works for them so hopefully we’ll adapt.

Err, whut? Barcelona doesn't play "simple" football. Simple would be more direct, not a million little intricate passes. This is what City has tried to play like for a while now and it's boring.

They need to play more like Bayern did last season. Direct and fast. That way they might have more than 3 chances in the entire match.

Baeryn destroyed Barcelona and Brazil destroyed Spain. Simple and direct. Get the ball and beast your way to the goal.

Mountaineer said:
play simple football. I think that’s the way to play at the moment. You look at Barcelona and it works for them so hopefully we’ll adapt.

Err, whut? Barcelona doesn't play "simple" football. Simple would be more direct, not a million little intricate passes. This is what City has tried to play like for a while now and it's boring.

They need to play more like Bayern did last season. Direct and fast. That way they might have more than 3 chances in the entire match.

Baeryn destroyed Barcelona and Brazil destroyed Spain. Simple and direct. Get the ball and beast your way to the goal.
Upset at Stoke sacking you Tony?

Mr. Aguia said:
LEDC said:
tazmancblue said:
I've read this thread and wondered if some of our fans have actually seen who we have signed this close season.
The pressing game will work well, getting the ball back in dangerous areas and creating chances whilst teams are stretched and looking to attack us. This prevents teams from being set as we attack.
Furthermore, people are criticising and suggesting the tika taka play will not work; it didn;t last season as we were doing it all in front of the opposition banks of four. This season we will add pace and a slightly more direct option with Navas that will provide us with a plan b...and a better plan b than Adam Johnson or Scott Sinclair could ever hope for. Then we are buying a striker who has a great record of headed goals, clearly adaptting to happen. ing the style slightly to suit the premier league without simply becoming a long ball team like the rags or stoke...

One of the problems of Barca last years was their lack of physical strenght into the second half of the season and one of the consecuences was that their pressure it wasn´t strong as usual giving space to the opponent to attack them (they also have problems with theirs Center Backs). Other consecuence was that their recover the ball farter than usual, son their opponent had extra time to close the spaces. and Rodwell didn´t talk about tiki taka, just easy football

Don't forget their enders are crap. Both FB's are wingers not defenders, Mr. Shakira is a mistake waiting to happen and their keeper is average at best.

Pique´s performances were quite low last years, because he wasn´t focus just in football, about Valdes, one of the most underrated keepers of all world, he also has issues because he had financial problems and was in a middle of a fight with the Board of Barcelona to let him leave to Monaco or PSG in order to increase his salary

SWP's back said:
Mountaineer said:

I'm sorry I'm not English, I no get your...."humor". Anyone who calls Barca's style of play simple is an idiot.

Mountaineer said:

Pellegrini´s football is not direct, but also they don´t abusse of passes like Barca. He likes to control the ball as a defensive system mixed with the pressure in order to recover the ball ASAP. his football is a mixture if we use Mourinho´s Real Madrid with his fast football and Barcelona with the opposite idea, abusse of passes, Pellegrini would be in the middle with a tendency to Barca style. another comparison, if you take both german teams, Bayern and Dortumnd, his style his closser to the last one. The key with Pellegrini is flexibility, if everything goes well you will see a style, a main idea, but also a lot of options. The start could be slow in order to make the system work but will worth the wait. when I talk about slow starts is about the system working at full power, because he still win the matches,but the football is not that good as should be.
By the way I also prefer direct football, but sometimes you have to keep the ball in order to obtain results.

Mountaineer said:
SWP's back said:
Mountaineer said:

I'm sorry I'm not English, I no get your...."humor". Anyone who calls Barca's style of play simple is an idiot.

the style is not simple but is bassed into the idea to make everything simple. safe passes, to the closest teammate and then move and another safe pass and another and another one, with that they create spaces. You don´t see risky moves in Barcelona, The key is that they have Messi, Xavi and Iniesta to make the difference. Is not easy to accomplish and requieres smart players who can control the flow of the game to find the options

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.