"Role model" England captain Ferdinand.....?Give me a break!

what about his kick at a female steward at chelsea, all this leads to is more power for the rags, the man u gutter press have got what they wanted, turdinhand will be giving it more to refs now, it was all about the premiership title nothing else?

The only real role model's England has in its set up is Barry and Lampard and that's without the blue tinted specs on.

James/Green/Hart/Foster all don't cement the position
Johnson is Too young
Ferdinand has missed Drugs test's
Terry, well where do we start
Cole cheating, speeding and allowed himself to be tapped up
Gerrard traded blows although he got off
Rooney granny shagging, raging at the ref etc
Heskey, i don't think i've ever heard him speak
SWP/Lennon/Walcott all don't cement a place in the starting 11

Which leaves Barry or Lampard

pskilla said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Its the state of the England team, I'm afraid. Do we have no morality in this country? The only "clean" potential captains I can think of are Barry and David James. Aside from Ferdinand's past indiscretions, he is not exactly guaranteed a starting place, on form and fitness. I think the role of captain is overhyped by the media anyway, I would just give it to one of the two I mentioned, and just let everyone get on with it.

He had an affair a few years back too.

I haven't heard about that, but was it as high profile as Beckham's or Terry's? I suppose Micah Richards has captained us a few times before.... Oh wait the infamous spit roasting will count against him.

gelly said:
Well looking at the England squad I can't see too many who are scandal free and without baggage. Capello had no choice but to give it Ferdinand. If he had to canvass candidates again, it'll be too disruptive before the WC. He's focused on winning the World Cup.

That's the whole point.
The English media and the odious Max Clifford have once again been allowed to redifine "morality" and who is the most "worthy" in their dubious judgement.
The irony is Ferdinand is,by the same twisted "moral" code the press have used to destroy Terry-this morning somehow deemed"more worthy" despite being convicted of a criminal offence and being banned for missing a mandatory drugs test.

Terry has done neither.

No doubt every member of the England squad has been guilty of something in their lives they'd rather forget.
Like most of us on here,no doubt.
And I have absloutely no doubt the members of the gutter press and it's "moral hanging judges" are all equally as guilty.

The logic is bizarre.Twisted.
Or more to the point-a load of bollocks.

Glad to see Terry's been replaced by someone who stands tall on the moral high ground! Currently banned for violent conduct, celebrates goals by pretending to fire a rocket launcher whilst fronting an anti violence campaign, misses drugs tests because he's a cokehead, organises a glorified rape party for his team mate...s & then shags Carol Vorderman behind his missus' back! Ladies & Gentleman i give you Rio Ferdinand.

i agree. but because ferdinand plays for man yoo he is a good guy and noone has any right to question the decision.

I think its all irrellavent.I reckon Cappello has taken Terry out of the firing line for a while.By taking the armband off him it looks like he has been punished.We will have a few "floating" captains during the next few friendlies,then when the world cup starts terry will be back.Cappello is no fool and knows he is the only natural leader.

RobbieBrewer said:
The irony is Ferdinand is,by the same twisted "moral" code the press have used to destroy Terry-this morning somehow deemed"more worthy" despite being convicted of a criminal offence and being banned for missing a mandatory drugs test.

Nowt to do with shopping trips, I heard Rio missed that test because he thought an STD he was being treated for at the time would show up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.