Rolling eyes is now seen as aggressive at work

Some people are scared of anything traditional because being social lepers they don't fit in, they think that smashing the system starts with being rude little cunts who change the world by being snide bastards.
they only thing they change is peoples perception of them being rude little cunts to self entitled whiney massive cunts

I was reading something on LinkedIn where people were saying that ending emails with “Kind Regards” was seen as passive aggressive behaviour.

I just write ‘fuck off’ now, to be safe.
“Thanks” can be passive aggressive within context.

For me, Kind Regards is the friendliest response.

we have lost the ability to not like something and tell someone that you dont like something without fear of offending them, it is okay to think differently and feel differently.

I’m not sure, I got taught stuff like this twenty five years ago, I don’t think it’s anything new. What’s changed slightly is the “why” being less intelligently thought of than it used to be though, it wasn’t about perceived offence to a person that could assume it was about a characteristic of theirs such as race or gender, it was about potential behavioural impacts on anyone.

Your last sentence being the same too, that’s exactly what the premise behind diversity used to be and still should be - diversity of thought rather than diversity of characteristics.

Personally I still think of them that way. I’m not keen on those that either see it as definitely linked to being an offence on a persons characteristics or those that devalue the whole thing as meaningless because some do that.

Unless its done in a sarcastic comical way its always been an aggressive/insulting gesture. nothing new here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.