Rolling eyes is now seen as aggressive at work

people have really started to overthink emails havent they
Never sent one in my life. Never replied to one either but that’s because I only use it to set up accounts like this.
I do enjoy a good eye roll though! Haha!

Often wondered when this “kind regards” nonsense started. Is it accepted business practice?
There’s a fairly amusing site “very British problems” where (presumably tongue in cheek but you never know these days) to sign off merely “Regards” as opposed to Kind regards” was a way of communicating you were annoyed, frustrated etc. with someone.
What happened to Yours faithfully and Yours sincerely on business correspondence?
As for eye rolling I remember the sarcasm inflicted on junior clerks at Manchester Town Hall where I spent 1968/9 in my first proper job. It was a rite of passage and nobody would complain - you just become less green and learnt how to give it back.
The world‘s gone mad.

“Thanks” can be passive aggressive within context.

For me, Kind Regards is the friendliest response.
They just get regards from me, I’m not being kind and I’ll thank them when they’ve fucking done as I asked.

Regards.

Mr ****

Location- far away from the rest of you cunts as possible.

I await the first red card (one yellow for being fouled and the second for eye-rolling another faux pas by PiGMOL's finest) for a sky blue clad skillmeister, and a string of eye rolling at the Swamp 'n Anfield that go unpunished! Is VAR set up to replay eye-rolls?

I was reading something on LinkedIn where people were saying that ending emails with “Kind Regards” was seen as passive aggressive behaviour.

I just write ‘fuck off’ now, to be safe.
I was once told by my manager that ending an email with regards was unfriendly and portrayed myself as unapproachable, despite my thinking "job done then" he suggested I used kind regards in future. I think your idea is better

I was once told by my manager that ending an email with regards was unfriendly and portrayed myself as unapproachable, despite my thinking "job done then" he suggested I used kind regards in future. I think your idea is better
Had he ever considered that you wanted to be unapproachable?

Often wondered when this “kind regards” nonsense started. Is it accepted business practice?
There’s a fairly amusing site “very British problems” where (presumably tongue in cheek but you never know these days) to sign off merely “Regards” as opposed to Kind regards” was a way of communicating you were annoyed, frustrated etc. with someone.
What happened to Yours faithfully and Yours sincerely on business correspondence?
As for eye rolling I remember the sarcasm inflicted on junior clerks at Manchester Town Hall where I spent 1968/9 in my first proper job. It was a rite of passage and nobody would complain - you just become less green and learnt how to give it back.
The world‘s gone mad.

I did used to do that to an arsehole I used to work with.

Technically kind regards is only for people who you don't know the name of.

Yours sincerely is too formal for email.

In one team I worked at, a fuss was made about people not using "dear" in emails to deputy directors or strategic managers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.