Roman Abramovich dilemma

If anyone thinks RDM was running that team the last 2 months they are seriously deluded. We all know who the "de facto" manager of that team was. RDM was a puppet who the players knew they could ride roughshod over. RDM at West Brom - great manager? You´re avin a larrrff

I hope Rom fooks off - just an egotistical Ruskie playboy crook. He will never seriously invest in the poorer parts of West London will he?

If Di Matteo has anything about him, HE will decline the job if it's offered. He's won the FA Cup and Champions League. In the eyes of Chelsea fans he's a Legend as a player and a manager, surely the only way is down now. Go out on a high rather than being sacked mid season.

The Chelsea job going forward is a totally different one to the one Di Matteo was doing as 'interim' or caretaker or whatever. The squad needs to be cleared out of high earners and the aged, the style of play changed, new players recruited & all the while winning Trophy's. Di Matteo has shown no signs he can do that. He went back to basics and allowed the players to go back to what they knew, he has no experience of rejuvenating a top team and they did finish 6th in the League. Chelsea didn't win in the EPL against any of the teams they needed to. I think the players are more responsible for the CL win than Di Matteo, that's not to give him some credit though.

It's not quite a clear cut as people are making out. It would be best for Di Matteo and for Abramovich if they parted company now on good terms.

He has to be given it but he won't be successful. I think he will become a good manager one day but he needs to learn his trade somewhere first. Villa would be a good job for him to take.

intheknow! said:
If Di Matteo has anything about him, HE will decline the job if it's offered. He's won the FA Cup and Champions League. In the eyes of Chelsea fans he's a Legend as a player and a manager, surely the only way is down now. Go out on a high rather than being sacked mid season.

The Chelsea job going forward is a totally different one to the one Di Matteo was doing as 'interim' or caretaker or whatever. The squad needs to be cleared out of high earners and the aged, the style of play changed, new players recruited & all the while winning Trophy's. Di Matteo has shown no signs he can do that. He went back to basics and allowed the players to go back to what they knew, he has no experience of rejuvenating a top team and they did finish 6th in the League. Chelsea didn't win in the EPL against any of the teams they needed to. I think the players are more responsible for the CL win than Di Matteo, that's not to give him some credit though.

It's not quite a clear cut as people are making out. It would be best for Di Matteo and for Abramovich if they parted company now on good terms.
Very good point.

Leave on a high note.

I don't think he'll get the job. I know this is really going to sound awful, but fuck me did they fluke that trophy. I'm chuffed they won it, as I wanted the English club to do it, but let's face it, attractive football it ain't. They done what they had to against Barcelona, and then done the same thing against Bayern. They looked like they were playing for penalties from the start - but you play with what you have, and in both games they probably didn't have the better football team.

I think Abramovich will be happy at winning the trophy, but not the way it was won. He wants a more attractive style of football, and I don't think he'll get that with Di Matteo at the helm. Also, not sure he can attract the players that Abramovich wants at the Bridge.

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Chelsea up for sale...mission accomplished??? who knows

Hardly. Hasn't Abramovich just bid £500m for Battersea Power station? Him and his son were celebrating like mad, doesn't look like he's going anywhere.

Forget about the Italian serving up Anti-pasta....last night was pure Anti-Football.

Terrible to watch.....would hate City to win like this.

dxb-blue said:
Forget about the Italian serving up Anti-pasta....last night was pure Anti-Football.

Terrible to watch.....would hate City to win like this.

Chelsea had Terry, Ivanovic, Ramires ALL missing. Their attack has been the weakest part of the team this season so they played to their strengths. There is no such thing as 'anti-football'. Did you expect Chelsea to go gung ho with their shitty attack and get absolutely battered and humiliated in Munich and thus hand Bayern the Coronation, they thought was theirs by right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.