Rome

BlueHammer85

I fly off to Rome, Italy tommorow for a week with the mrs. Any good recommendations for where to go, what to do etc ?

If you're going with the Mrs i recommend going to the Trastevere area at night, really nice restaurants and bars, nice winding cobbled streets etc. My favourite area when i went.
If you're going to the vatican, Colosseum etc get all your tickets now before you go as the queues are mental. Also, plan to eat about 10 times a day! The food is too good to just eat 2 or three times!

Miss the flight & stay at home would be my recommendation.
Rome, especially in the height of summer is my idea of hell.
Too hot and far too many people

This. And I miss the first Prem match for west ham at O/S! Women aye

Went with the beautiful Mrs This! last year.
Wonderful place. We stayed in the travestere(?) area, which as someone else has said is just fabulous for eating and drinking.
Mrs This! lost at cards and had to do a one minute head stand, which was nice...

If you want to go in the colosseum buy your tickets from the forum across the road and see that first avoids the massive queues,be prepared to get mithered wherever you go ,also choose carefully where you eat or drink anywhere near any of the monuments will be higher get down the back streets,we got smacked for 18 euros for a large beer near the Vatican so be warned ,I've been twice now and think that's my lot won't be going again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.