Romeo Lavia

Disagree, I think playing games in the premier league or at decent level will be far better for their development then either bench appearances for us or even a loan, and more players can benefit from it than waiting to get 10 minutes with us.. The buy backs protect us if they prove good enough.
In your situation he has been sold, in mine he has not been sold, you forget the amount of training with top class stars must be like compared to training with Burnley FC for example.

I would hope the '10 minutes' would then lead to more time if they have shown they are capable and game time in the league cup on top.

The buy-back option has been used well by Barca as all the Spanish kids want to end up back there, be interesting to see if that is the case with us in the future, say after another decade's success making us the premier team in the world.

The player has to want to come back though, the deal means FA if they are not interested and our example with Angelino isn't so good, looking like we bought him back to just move on for more profit.

I think a few City fans need to realise something about our academy and PL 2 in general.

The analysis shows that 70% of academy players are not even handed a professional contract at a Premier League or English Football League club.

Ninety-seven per cent of the former elite academy players now aged 21 to 26 years old failed to make a single Premier League appearance.

City selling youngsters with promise isn’t a bad thing the longer these lads are playing against kids their own age it is hindering their development.

When your playing against players that may never kick a ball again professionally or the highest they will go is league 2/conference that’s why so many of our Eds looks so good and the reason no academy has won the papa Johns trophy mens football is a massive step up from academy football.

Us as fans can watch the eds and under 18’s every other week on City tv. City coaches watch them day in and day out they know what they are doing.

So players like Edozie, Lavia and Bazunu need to step up for there own good just be happy for them and players that are exceptional like Foden and possibly Mbete, Palmer and Mcatee they will get the chance to stay with the first team and push on to the first team.

I get that obviously.

I thought Lavia was a defensive midfielder unlike Foden ?

Still playing midfield in Pep team requires a very high standards. Lavia not only lacks experience but also his body is not developed enough to play in all competititon every weeks like ours. He needs to age naturally to remove a cap of his physicality growth and experience playing for the first team, hopefully he can get all of that in Southampton in 1-2 years in there.

In your situation he has been sold, in mine he has not been sold, you forget the amount of training with top class stars must be like compared to training with Burnley FC for example.

I would hope the '10 minutes' would then lead to more time if they have shown they are capable and game time in the league cup on top.

The buy-back option has been used well by Barca as all the Spanish kids want to end up back there, be interesting to see if that is the case with us in the future, say after another decade's success making us the premier team in the world.

The player has to want to come back though, the deal means FA if they are not interested and our example with Angelino isn't so good, looking like we bought him back to just move on for more profit.
Thing is, he’s been training with the first team for a year.

The next step is seeing whether he sinks or swims at the top level.

He was never going to get that opportunity here.

Loan moves generally don’t work. If a team is struggling, they drop loanees, especially if they are young. Look at Callum Doyle last season.

Selling him with a buy back option allows him to develop naturally somewhere else and if he becomes a superstar, we’ll buy him back.

I’m sure Barca have had hundreds of buy back clauses in the past, but only trigger a tiny proportion of them.

It’ll be the same with us.

interesting we have CFG club Girona back in La Liga after promotion but no links yet that we send them anyone anymore.
did we have anyone on loan there last season?

bottom half of La Liga aint a bad place for a youngster to improve.
Three at least, but Girona is like a black hole of our loan system, once the player crossed that loan event horizon nothing has been heard of them ever again.

Selling with a buyback makes great sense. Personally, I would prefer these players to play, but I respect the management team enough to know that they may not be quite ready so gaining experience at a much higher level than we can offer in the EDS makes sense. The danger is, understandably, that the player may not wish to return.

I think this is a plan conceived by Mr Klopp.
Southampton buy loads of players off us.

We all know where Southampton players eventually end up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.