Romeo Lavia

The club were obviously happy with the approach/decision taken with the player.

Maybe don't get them all right but not made too many serious mistakes. although fans will always have different opinions I guess.

I didn't say different.

Its life.....and while its difficult to see how with his example,one or two will always slip the net.

this will annoy me greatly. one of those where you're scratching your head wondering what the plan here was. Did they think he was really worth just 13 million? I was told that the fee is low because of the buyback. Now the buyback is about to be voided, what's our move here?
Maybe the player doesn’t want to return? I’m not sure I would if I’d been told I wasn’t good enough. He’s not a “fan” like us, he’s a professional footballer who probably wants to play regular football at his next club, not sit it out at City in the hope he can make an impression. Or City don’t see the hype around him and are happy to take a payday from an6 sell on clause they have?

The club were obviously happy with the approach/decision taken with the player.

Maybe don't get them all right but not made too many serious mistakes. although fans will always have different opinions I guess.
Have they made any yet? There's no guarantee he'll be a starter at a title challenging club.

If he does sell for £50m, then it would have been nice for him to just be on loan at Southampton, but with the fee and the sell on, the club haven't done too badly. But more importantly, if we start second guessing on all the players we sell, then it'll likely cost us a lot more in the long run.

this will annoy me greatly. one of those where you're scratching your head wondering what the plan here was. Did they think he was really worth just 13 million? I was told that the fee is low because of the buyback. Now the buyback is about to be voided, what's our move here?
And surely the buy back only works if the player is fully committed to returning..

This is going to be our Chelsea letting KDB go moment.

Annoying, really wish it wasn’t happening, but it’s also inevitable when you buy up a bunch of talented kids and need loans and buybacks to find out if they’re good enough.

Pep clearly didn't feel he was good enough to fulfil the role with City. Whether that's because of his ability to control the game I'm not sure. It felt, and still feels like a staggering decision when we then went and spent a lot of money on Phillips who plays in a similar way but is significantly older. Lavia could have spent 5 years learning and developing and being Rodri's understudy and would still have been able to give us another 8 as the first choice. Instead we've got to hope Phillips steps up big time, and thrives in what are his peak years because ultimately he's probably also the reason we didn't sign Declan Rice as our valuation of him combined with the fact he wants to stay made us walk away.

what’s done is done. The lad will move on to have a career elsewhere. He might not even want to come back seeing as how things developed over the past year. That’s how it goes sometimes, it will sting but nature of the market and transfers nowadays. You win some, you lose some.

Annoying, really wish it wasn’t happening, but it’s also inevitable when you buy up a bunch of talented kids and need loans and buybacks to find out if they’re good enough.

Don't see the club changing its approach anytime soon, so whatever the outcome we will have to suck it up - as mere supporters .

Or it could be the Sancho moment

Wasnt ready to play a lone six in the system we had, still isnt. Doesn't have the ball playing chop to control from DM.

Kid is a pure ball winner and recycler at this point. We dont have the game time to invest in training him in it, gonna look a star in some systems just not this one for a few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.