Romeo Lavia

Eh? Anderlecht accepted an offer from City and he would’ve been nuts not to take the move.

City/Pep wanted Phillips and his rapid progression meant he had to go out and play and that progression has only continued - the idea he’s not ready for a top 4 team is rather countered by Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and United all talking to his agent this summer.

It seems with Lavia that many would rather talk him down than accept that Pep is a genius but not infallible and got this one wrong.
Nobody assumes that pep is infallible but one decent season in a team that got relegated isnt alot of evidence to prove that pep got it wrong tbf, he may turn out to be an exceptional player, he may turn out to be an average player, there isnt enough evidence to prove anything yet

Eh? Anderlecht accepted an offer from City and he would’ve been nuts not to take the move.

City/Pep wanted Phillips and his rapid progression meant he had to go out and play and that progression has only continued - the idea he’s not ready for a top 4 team is rather countered by Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and United all talking to his agent this summer.

It seems with Lavia that many would rather talk him down than accept that Pep is a genius but not infallible and got this one wrong.

What has Lavia achieved? His CV will have Relegation on it! Agree he looks a player still very young be interesting where he goes next?! For me he should make a move to a West Ham or a Villa

I genuinely do not think he is ready to be a first choice for elite teams that will seriously challenge for the title and go deep in the Champions League. In a couple years he may well be. I cannot think of any 19 year olds who would be (Bellingham would have been an exception but he is now 20).

Of the teams you mention I cannot see Lavia displacing Rice at Arsenal or Casemiro at United. He may have a better chance of getting in at Liverpool and Chelsea but would have to get in front of established internationals with seasons of experience. By no means a given.

If he had stayed at City and we had got to the Champions League final would you have been happy for him to start as our 6 if Rodri was unavailable?

It would have been great if we could have loaned rather than sold him last season but I believe he and his agent pushed for a sale and City, being a decent club, did not stand in his way.

I do think he will go on to have a great career but cannot really see what the club could have done to retain him.

the idea he’s not ready for a top 4 team is rather countered by Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and United all talking to his agent this summer.
Those 4 teams also saw fit to blow hundreds of millions on the likes of Pepe, Maguire, Fred, Keita and the list goes on and on.

He also seems to be focussed entirely on himself rather than his team. He has used Anderlecht, City and now Southampton as stepping stones for his career. With his next move he needs to stay somewhere a bit longer to avoid being seen as a mercenary. I guess Saints getting relegated does give him a pass for seeking a move though.
That is a strange take on the lad.

I don't find anything whatsoever remotely scary about arsenals new/potential signings, but let's be honest. You could replace Xhaka and Partey with a double ended dildo and it would be an improvement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.