Ronaldo?

LoveCity

"World record bid for Ronaldo" (Mirror)

Hahahaha.

Who next? Will they link us with Shrek again for the lolz I wonder.

-

Manchester City are ready to smash the world transfer record to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to the Premier League.

Roberto Mancini's men joined European football's elite last week by qualifying for the Champions League for the first time.

Now City want the Portuguese superstar to spearhead their bid to win the trophy next season.

Ronaldo, 26, moved to Real Madrid from Manchester United in a record £80million move in 2009 and signed a six-year contract worth over £100m.

Under Jose Mourinho this season, he has equalled the goals record in a La Liga campaign - 38 - and still has a game to go.

The Spanish giants have inserted a US$1billion buyout clause in his contract to protect their prize asset.

Mancini said after City's FA Cup Final triumph on Saturday that he wanted players of proven Champions League experience to take the club to the next level.

Ronaldo would also prove a high-profile replacement for another ex-Manchester United star, Carlos Tevez, should the Argentine decide to leave .

Earlier this month, Spurs boss Harry Redknapp said of City: "They're probably going to spend another £200million this summer.

"They tell me they've got one or two players signed already who'll blow your brains out. They're not going to stop until they win the championship, then the Champions League, and I can see them doing it."

Despite complaining about Mourinho's negative tactics during the Champions League semi-final defeat to Barcelona, Ronaldo has enjoyed a super season in Madrid.

He has scored five goals in his last two games to take his total in all competitions to 51 this season, including the winner in the Copa del Rey final, to overtake Ferenc Puskas' record.

Ronaldo can set a new La Liga record by scoring against relegated Almeria this weekend.

"He is a decisive and influential player," said Real captain Iker Casillas. "Very few are capable of putting up the numbers he has. There are no more team titles that we can win this year, but we can help him win an individual award.

"We feel it is important for him to win an award when he is so deserving of it. He is one of the best players in the world."

Re: "World record bid for Ronaldo" (Mirror)

The Mirror - say no more.

Doesn't exactly go hand in hand with the new financial rules and restrictions does it?

I hope those days are over, where players are bought for such ridiculous sums.

And I really can't stand the thought of Ronaldo in our shirt... yikes, no matter how great of a footballer he is.
Please stay in Spain Tranny.<br /><br />-- Wed May 18, 2011 7:32 am --<br /><br />Doesn't exactly go hand in hand with the new financial rules and restrictions does it?

I hope those days are over, where players are bought for such ridiculous sums.

And I really can't stand the thought of Ronaldo in our shirt... yikes, no matter how great of a footballer he is.
Please stay in Spain Tranny.

Never say never.

Unlikely I admit. However, strange things happen in the world of football.

I can't recall whether he enjoyed his time in the North West. That could influence any decision.

Tez Tosterone said:
Never say never.

Unlikely I admit. However, strange things happen in the world of football.

I can't recall whether he enjoyed his time in the North West. That could influence any decision.

He spent the last 2 years of his time at United moaning about how he wanted to go Madrid. At Madrid he has been a complete success. Madrid wont want to sell him and he wont want to leave them.

i woke and said to myself city are 3rd and all is great. then i started to wonder what vile would be printed in today`s papers.

i knew it would be sick.....

if ronaldo comes to this club i d stop following them until he was gone! we need footballing stars not intergalactic mercenary muppets!....

i don t even want more than three players-it brings unrest!!!

look at spurs.... they re running on a shoe string team at the mo.... more injuries.

we only have to offload one or two players and bring in the same.
i don t believe the crap but it annoys me coz all the muppet supporters from other clubs talkin trash that they read in a tabloid.... ridiculous!!! (vent over)

On the La Liga reports on Sky Sports 1 last night they were saying that although he had equalled the record for goals scored he was unhappy with the infighting and set up at Real Madrid. His "boyhood dream" had not turned out as he had imagined and the club was not as professional as he had been used to at United!

Plain Speaking said:
On the La Liga reports on Sky Sports 1 last night they were saying that although he had equalled the record for goals scored he was unhappy with the infighting and set up at Real Madrid. His "boyhood dream" had not turned out as he had imagined and the club was not as professional as he had been used to at United!
he needs a serious injury to wake him up and bring him back to reality... clown!!!!! tranny that is!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.