Rooney out and Lewandowski to United rumour

Re: Rooney out and Lowandowski to United rumour

If he leaves, he will end up like Torres, if he stays i rekon fergie will still get alot out of him. Not saying this to be bitter but from the sounds of things, United getting rid now would be a step forward.

Imagin if chelski buy him and he never scores like Torres, and they play upfront together haha.

Re: Would u have rooney

laserblue said:
sjk2008 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Yes, I'd replace Tevez with him

Some strange comments in here.

Gets dropped in favour of a more defensively disciplined player in Welbeck, and rightly so, and all of a sudden he's on the decline and will end up like Torres in no time.

Just for comparitive purposes...

ROONEY
Appearances: 29
Goals: 14
Assists: 12

AGUERO
Appearances: 24
Goals: 13
Assists: 3

Now I'm not for one minute suggesting he's worth replacing Aguero. All I'm saying is that in comparison to City's best striker, there's not much in it, and that's with Rooney playing deeper than Aguero.

Rooney has averaged almost an assist or goal per game this season, which, for someone who's apparently in decline, is not a bad return. His lower goal return is just being focussed on more than normal because United have brought in a natural goalscorer in RVP. Had RVP not been there this season, Rooney would probably have another 4 or 5 goals added onto that tally.

Don't get me wrong, he's hardly a role model for kids these days and it's fully understandable why City fans despise him, but let's not kid ourselves into coming out with claptrap like "he'll soon be like Torres" bla bla bla.

IMO, him playing just off Aguero would be frightening.

It wont happen though which I'm sure pleases a lot of you!

Well stats can prove just about anything mate. How does Rooney compare with Dzeko's return of 12 goals form 11 starts (and 13 sub appearances) in the PL so far this season? ;)

They don't compare too badly, since Dzeko is played as an out and out striker whereas Rooney is deployed deeper.

Dzeko has made 35 appearances in total with 13 goals and 2 assists.
Rooney has made 29 appearances in total scoring 14 goals with 12 assists.

Dzeko has certainly made a good impact coming off the bench, but you could certainly argue that, in all competitions, Rooney has a better return, despite Dzeko perhaps scoring more "key" goals.

Anyway, my point wasn't to compare one with another. It was more to say that I don't believe he is as on the decline as people are making out, that's all mate.

sjk2008 said:
I know that Dzeko has "contributed" more. I'm just comparing someone who is apparently on the decline with City's best striker, which is Aguero (stats aside).

Your final statement is all opinion though tbf. Them on the other side of the fence may argue otherwise, although they have, in effect, been played in slightly different positions. I'd probably say they've performed fairly evenly. 26 goals/assists between them, both been out for lengthy spells during the season.

Overall though, my point is just that I think everyone seems to be over reacting a little to this "Rooney is getting worse" or "Rooney will end up like Torres" malarky.

i'd agree with all that.

i'd always have aguero over dzeko and rooney though as i'm sure you would.

ban-mcfc said:
sjk2008 said:
I know that Dzeko has "contributed" more. I'm just comparing someone who is apparently on the decline with City's best striker, which is Aguero (stats aside).

Your final statement is all opinion though tbf. Them on the other side of the fence may argue otherwise, although they have, in effect, been played in slightly different positions. I'd probably say they've performed fairly evenly. 26 goals/assists between them, both been out for lengthy spells during the season.

Overall though, my point is just that I think everyone seems to be over reacting a little to this "Rooney is getting worse" or "Rooney will end up like Torres" malarky.

i'd agree with all that.

i'd always have aguero over dzeko and rooney though as i'm sure you would.

I'd certainly have both Aguero & Rooney over Dzeko, that's for sure.

Aguero and Rooney are completely different players though.

Rooney will have 2 years left on his £250k pw plus contract this Summer.

Can you see Utd extending it? Not at 27 going on 37. Whatever Ferguson says now it seems likely that Utd will try and sell him in the Summer as it will be the last opportunity to get serious money for him. They will need to plan ahead and get a replacement in for RVP, or a young player in alongside him, so that they have some continuity when their strikers start to dip.

citykev28 said:
Why Always Ste said:
[bigimg]http://www.rnw.nl/data/files/images/lead/210809%20suarez%20ajax%20bratislava%20ANP-10624806.jpg[/bigimg]

Please

A nasty little shite is your preferred signing?

Preferred to...a nasty little fat shite?

Marvin said:
Rooney will have 2 years left on his £250k pw plus contract this Summer.

Can you see Utd extending it? Not at 27 going on 37. Whatever Ferguson says now it seems likely that Utd will try and sell him in the Summer as it will be the last opportunity to get serious money for him. They will need to plan ahead and get a replacement in for RVP, or a young player in alongside him, so that they have some continuity when their strikers start to dip.

But they have Wellbeck?

quiet_riot said:
citykev28 said:
Why Always Ste said:
[bigimg]http://www.rnw.nl/data/files/images/lead/210809%20suarez%20ajax%20bratislava%20ANP-10624806.jpg[/bigimg]

Please

A nasty little shite is your preferred signing?

Preferred to...a nasty little fat shite?

How about neither of them and get some classy players in instead?

Sunday Mirror are talking about Rooney being offered a new contract. I would rather that then Ronaldo coming back, as I can't see them having both and Van Persie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.