Rooney situation - Let's not forget

onceabluealways said:
This could change the way Fergie thinks -

With 2 up top if one is Rooney then he knows he will get the work rate and rooney will drop back and help in midfield, if one is Berba and the other is the little mexican git then that won't happen

It's a bigger risk playing with 2 up front

This.

I think he'll go 4-5-1 with Nani left, Valencia right and Giggs playing centrally ahead of Scholes and Carrick (or Fletcher if fit) with either Berbatov or Hernandez up front. I'd gues he'll go for Berbatov to start and bring Hernandez on to use his pace in the last half hour.

Its the bit of luck we deserve in this game after those last minute wins and rooneys fluke, we need to make the most of it but I think this can work out with everyone happy.

We win and go onto win the cup, united save face by "prioritising" the league and they'll get to the champs league final now I reckon and all bets are of there.

I think that's a fair result for everyone, but we need to make it happen this time, we had them on the ropes at OT but bottled it and didn't put them away, now we have no choice but to do so, there's no fixture congestion and we played them off the park at OT. Its ours for the taking.

BLUEMATT23 said:
That he didn't play in the home derby in November & we didn't win or ever really look like winning.

Our chances of overcoming them in the semi final have increased but remember the vermin can have endless nuimber of players out yet still get results when it matters.

Who scored for the scum in their 1-0 win last night ??
who got that freak goal against us to win it 2-1 ??

Do not underestimate how important he is to them ffs.
without him they are weaker..not stronger.

Thats why he held them to ransom and they doubled his money.

Hit em hard fast. They will pack the midfield now shrek out.silva will be the key to find the space

DSonBlue said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
When i heard on the radio this morning that Shrek will miss the game I was in 2 minds as to whether it's a good thing or not.
Pros: He's coming into form, scoring goals and is always likely to do something top class to win a game even if he's been quiet as the last derby testified.
Cons: In adversity Ferguson always uses it to their advantage, the seige mentality 'everybody hates us' psychology. He's a master at it. He will be seething over this and I believe he will ram it down he players throats before the semi for the players to win for Rooney and his sense of perverted justice.
Which is the best scenario? We will never know as he won't play but I side [just] on the Pros that it's better to not have him playing against us.
A focused, confident and attacking City can beat them. All the cards are in Mancini's hands. That for me is the biggest concern not whether Rooney plays or not. Will Mancini LET us win it???

Good post.

I'd add that although it looks better for us that shrek isnt playin, it may be harder to defend againt he little gay pea. Our defenders know how to mark shrek, as was proven in the game at the swamp. With the ladyboy however.. Hes a lot trickier lets say. Plus he will want to prove a point - i.e. Im better than shrek, sell him, im the future etc etc

As with many on here, i just hope bobby sets out the team to attack (see the sunderland game), because giving a mediocre utd team too much respect is asking for trouble!

Let them worry about us going at them, not the other way around!

This: It is about time MANCINI instilled a mindset into the players that they are capable of beating anyone in the EPL not just eek out dire draws with an inferiority complex. How are us as fans supposed to shed our inferiority complex when the team doesn't? At some point this has to change and it's the next crucial step in our development..the realisation that we are now able to defend and attack with confidence against the likes of Chelsea, Scum and Arsenal. Only then will those teams really fear us. If Mancini sends us out at Liverpool with the defensive mindset with their cripp[ling injuries and poor form then i'll despair. Sunday showed we are capable of destroying teams if the players are allowed to. Better teams will pose bigge problems but allowing the palyers to believe they are as good if not better is half the battle. Clough used to tell his players they were the best team on the planet and they believed him and played with utter confidence [and won 2 euro cups to boot]...We have the players now....they just need the mentality that sadly Mancini has failed to give them. Liverpool away on mondsay I believe will be a huge eye-opener in whether or not Mancini has changed his ways or Sunderland was a one off...If it was the start of something different then i'll back him but i'm not holding my breath.

K.Reeves right foot said:
DSonBlue said:
Good post.

I'd add that although it looks better for us that shrek isnt playin, it may be harder to defend againt he little gay pea. Our defenders know how to mark shrek, as was proven in the game at the swamp. With the ladyboy however.. Hes a lot trickier lets say. Plus he will want to prove a point - i.e. Im better than shrek, sell him, im the future etc etc

As with many on here, i just hope bobby sets out the team to attack (see the sunderland game), because giving a mediocre utd team too much respect is asking for trouble!

Let them worry about us going at them, not the other way around!

This: It is about time MANCINI instilled a mindset into the players that they are capable of beating anyone in the EPL not just eek out dire draws with an inferiority complex. How are us as fans supposed to shed our inferiority complex when the team doesn't? At some point this has to change and it's the next crucial step in our development..the realisation that we are now able to defend and attack with confidence against the likes of Chelsea, Scum and Arsenal. Only then will those teams really fear us. If Mancini sends us out at Liverpool with the defensive mindset with their cripp[ling injuries and poor form then i'll despair. Sunday showed we are capable of destroying teams if the players are allowed to. Better teams will pose bigge problems but allowing the palyers to believe they are as good if not better is half the battle. Clough used to tell his players they were the best team on the planet and they believed him and played with utter confidence [and won 2 euro cups to boot]...We have the players now....they just need the mentality that sadly Mancini has failed to give them. Liverpool away on mondsay I believe will be a huge eye-opener in whether or not Mancini has changed his ways or Sunderland was a one off...If it was the start of something different then i'll back him but i'm not holding my breath.

Agreed. I was close to giving up on the fella, because it seemed he was too stubborn to change. Despite what some on here are trying to say, Yaya in a deeper role, Tevez in a support striker role, Balo up front, Silva and Johnson starting at the same time, and no Barry was a change for the better imo. Will he revert to type at Anfield or give this more attacking line up another go? Fingers crossed for the latter, because it's about time sides started to worry about how they are going to contain a team containing the likes of Balo, Tevez, Silva, Johnson and Yaya, rather than one of them kicking their heels in the stands and the remainder playing too cautiously, because we're worried about what the opposition will do to us. I'm hopeful he'll surprise us again, but not optimistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.