Rooney situation - Let's not forget

Completely agree but without trying to be overly pessimistic (and I created the thread so some may see me as Mr Doom & Gloom) Mancini has got to go on the front front from the start & tell the players to get at them. Like I mentioned at the start Rooney didn't play in November yet it barely made a difference, Ferdinand didn't play at OT, again barely made a difference. They can have several players out & it won't matter to them because they believe always they can win where as with us at the moment the mentality is not to loose first & that's the difference between City & United. Albeit a small difference.
Also Bobby's record in vs Arsenal, Man U & Tottenham since he came is crap.

Blue Elmo said:
Rooney has scored 6 times against us over the years and is always the one for the rags who wins them the game. So to take someone out of that team who will always give them a way to goal or score the goal is surely an advantage. He has just started to bang em in again and I would rather not play against him than have him there causing some form of problem. But now we are faced with two different types of players in Berbatov and Hernandez, he won't play them both together it will be one or the other. I think he would opt for Berbatov purely because he is physically more for Kompany to handle than the other little shit. But with the most likely potential match winner out of the game, we can go into this game and go for it knowing that we have a better team of players. If we play to our potential with Silva , Tevez an co buzzing sround never giving their team a moments rest, we will be leaving wembley knowing that a month later we will be going back. They are still a good team with that never say die mentality and no matter who they have on teh pitch they will not give up but the past is theirs and the future is ours. CTID

BLUEMATT23 said:
That he didn't play in the home derby in November & we didn't win or ever really look like winning.

Our chances of overcoming them in the semi final have increased but remember the vermin can have endless nuimber of players out yet still get results when it matters.
don't spoil it

It's got nothing to do with who they put out, and it's got precious little to do with 'having a go at them'. They get results without their best players because the opposition don't do their job, they get the fear as soon as they are under pressure. They put us under pressure for 90 minutes at ours but didn't score. We are better than that, and we must remember it. It was only one weak challenge, a deflected cross and a slip at the worst moment that cost us the two goals at their place. We just have to be stronger, and more prepared on the day.

BLUEMATT23 said:
That he didn't play in the home derby in November & we didn't win or ever really look like winning.

Our chances of overcoming them in the semi final have increased but remember the vermin can have endless nuimber of players out yet still get results when it matters.

I've been down on the City performances, the Manager's selections and odd strategy's over the Season - but I have to say, that I actually think the Sunderland game was a turning point. Finally he played players in the right positions and dropped Barry and Milner who are far too pedestrian.
We are a much better team than last November.........................

ANY1aBLUE said:
BLUEMATT23 said:

I've been down on the City performances, the Manager's selections and odd strategy's over the Season - but I have to say, that I actually think the Sunderland game was a turning point. Finally he played players in the right positions and dropped Barry and Milner who are far too pedestrian.
We are a much better team than last November.........................

Based on what? A win against a side that havent won in 8 games? Dont forget we havent won away from our own ground for 10 games!

In general we are actually no better than we were last November and United have improved a fair bit since then.

It is still a big ask whoever plays for them and we need to be right on our game to win.

To be the best we have to play the best and not be worried who playing for the rags or any other team we are playing either in the league, cup and hopefully next year the european cup or what ever its called now.
but it is nice to see him banned!

Been winding up every united fan I know about Micah Richards swearing in the interview after the heroic header against villa and getting away with it :)

Obviously it's a plus that he's out. But they'll all work, they'll all put in the effort because the want to win. It's probably the least of their priorities. We care a hell of a lot more than they will I presume.
We saw them work their socks off in the CL game last night. It wasn't just Rooney tracking back, you'd all of them. Nobody was too good for it.

Rooney has started to score again, but the thing about United is if they have a top player missing or playing poorly someone else steps up.
That's what makes them so good.

As for who will start for them, I don't know, and I've given up guessing what exactly Fergie will do. They've a lot of injuries. And he really is impossible. Either inspired or deluded, but seeing the likes of a back going off and putting on Nani, and throwing Valencia back. Mancini would never make a call like that.

They'll adapt. They always do. I'm not sure how much they'll rate this in the list of their top priorities but it's on the top of our list. We can only play what's out in front of us.

I'll give Utd credit where it's due, but no need to crawl before them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.