Rooney thrown in another transfer request

City Raider said:
McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
According to Guileme Balague (sic) he was offered to Barca a couple of weeks ago but they turned him down fat.

*edited
He's not wanted by foreign clubs end of. As I said friday to a mate ,name three england internationals who have been a resounding success abroad in the last ten years! English players are of no interest to foreign teams.

Coleen will fancy going abroad though and tanning all day in that Spanish or French sun!

No chance he's going to uproot his family abroad with a baby on the way.

He's not one who cares for loyalty.

He'll have no problem joining Chelsea if it's true they want him.

FantasyIreland said:
Definite bad blood between the two,they hardly acknowledged each other.

Ba,Lukaku and Rooney up front next season.......

What makes you think we want him? Maybe we can keep him chained up in the basement and bring him out for when we're playing United.

He's played in Mata's position for a while now. No way he's dislodging Mata. We need a pure centre forward, which Rooney can do but I've always thought he's better as a supporting striker.

Well, this looks scary enough for Chelsea fans to not want him there :)

article-0-19AF577C000005DC-507_634x689.jpg

CitytillIdie74 said:
City Raider said:
McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
According to Guileme Balague (sic) he was offered to Barca a couple of weeks ago but they turned him down fat.

*edited
He's not wanted by foreign clubs end of. As I said friday to a mate ,name three england internationals who have been a resounding success abroad in the last ten years! English players are of no interest to foreign teams.

David Beckham
Owen Hargreaves
Steven McManaman (just inside the 10 year)

Then there's the more arguable ones (Owen and Woodgate) who actually were well received, but it didn't work out for other reasons, beyond actual ability.
I'll accept these two are subjective, and Woodgate in particular was eventually seen as a disaster due to injury (but very well regarded in footballing terms and in attitude to adopting Spanish culture)

But I take your point. Generally speaking is not a safe bet to take an English player abroad.

He might have to take a wage cut to move. It's said he's the best paid player in Britain and that his wages can go as high as £300,000/week with all the bonuses and clauses. Arsenal would be ideal for him, they would build the team around him, but probably wouldn't offer more than £150,000/week to him... which probably isn't enough for a man like Rooney despite him already having a net worth of something like £60million thanks to his sublime bending over of United (to double his wages).

He'll have to take a cut wherever he goes, even if he stays at United and try to renegotiate new contract.

He got the last one when he was on the top of his game, he was top 5 player on the world at that moment.

He's not close to that now so the wage cut is coming wherever he goes.

I'd rather buy Hernandez if anyone from them to be honest. He's been marginalised by RVP as well and is an undeniably great poacher - even though he looks like such a twat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.