Rooney's contract

Re: Rooneys contract

The thing is, Rooney knows he could have got 250k pw at Chelsea if he'd kicked up more of a fuss about going there.

I'm just wondering whether he's been assured that United are actually going to spend big in the summer on a host of players, because given he could get a monstrous packet at Chelsea, it can't only be the money keeping him in Manchester.

If I was Rooney, I'd be begging to go to Chelsea right now - even if it meant a 50k pw reduction on his basic (he could probably make that back in bonuses anyway if he's bought as their #9. The fact he's extended his deal at United tells me there's something more in it.

sjk2008 said:
The thing is, Rooney knows he could have got 250k pw at Chelsea if he'd kicked up more of a fuss about going there.

I'm just wondering whether he's been assured that United are actually going to spend big in the summer on a host of players, because given he could get a monstrous packet at Chelsea, it can't only be the money keeping him in Manchester.

If I was Rooney, I'd be begging to go to Chelsea right now - even if it meant a 50k pw reduction on his basic (he could probably make that back in bonuses anyway if he's bought as their #9. The fact he's extended his deal at United tells me there's something more in it.

Personally I think he is aware of his own limitations - at $old Trafford he is popular with the fans, and is a big fish in a small pond.
If he went to Chelsea he would have a lot to prove, and his form is far from consistent.
I agree that money is almost irrelevant once you are on his kind of wages - I just think he's found a security blanket.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
sjk2008 said:

Personally I think he is aware of his own limitations - at $old Trafford he is popular with the fans, and is a big fish in a small pond.
If he went to Chelsea he would have a lot to prove, and his form is far from consistent.
I agree that money is almost irrelevant once you are on his kind of wages - I just think he's found a security blanket.

The real Rooney will show his true colours in the world cup...he'll have no security blanket there..;)

It could be as simple as his wife saying she won't move down south. Any decent player would surely wait until after the World Cup and see what offers are on the table. Although his record in big tournaments is piss poor.

oldhamblue said:
It could be as simple as his wife saying she won't move down south. Any decent player would surely wait until after the World Cup and see what offers are on the table. Although his record in big tournaments is piss poor.

Rooney has never scored a goal in a world cup finals game. Not sure he ever will, he tends to go missing at the big tournaments as you say by either playing shit or not playing at all.

I don't think he anything special, a very good player yes but certainly not in the class of aguero, suarez or van persie. I honestly wouldn't swap him for negredo either.

Just what you want, your highest paid player and potential future captain trying to force a move every summer.

Rooney is a typical big fish in a small pond syndrome. He won't go anywhere else as he wants to be the big fish.
So the Utd team, who's there that would be classed as world class!!!
The british media still have him as the UK's poster boy. Specially as the world cup is coming up.
I guarantee he will do absolutely fuck all in the world cup.
But the media rooney wankfest still marches on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.