Cole (Chelsea)

Messi (Barcelona)
Xavi (Barcelona)
Iniesta (Barcelona)
Ronaldo (R Madrid)

Rooney (Man U)
Tevez (Man C)

Richards WTF??? Is he taking the piss??

Rooney said Richards was one of the toughest defenders he's ever played against. When he played CB for a while, in one derby game (which one escapes me), he was immense.

TINY said:
Rooney said Richards was one of the toughest defenders he's ever played against. When he played CB for a while, in one derby game (which one escapes me), he was immense.

2007 when we double over them and won 1-0 at home?

Thing with those derbies from 07/08 was that Rooney didn't play in either of them.

And I like how he's named himself in there...

People seem to forget just how outstanding Richards was prior to the arrival of Hughes at this club.

Until the season petered out into a mess thanks to the idiot owner, Richards was immense at centre half with Dunne. They were being hailed, not just by City fans but neutral pundits too, as possibly the best partnership in the league.

And he was only 19 or 20 at this point.

He was easily the most impressive defender of his age in Europe. And that is not an exageration.

Then, and I know I am viewed as holding a grudge against Hughes but this bit is true, Hughes arrived and every single defender that player under him went backwards and was generally made to look rubbish when playing in the defence- those that he bought and those that were already here.

Unfortunately for Richards, this coincided with him being at a very impressionable and easily disrupted stage, both due to his age and, some might say, the rumours of his attitude not being 100% focused.

So, in the midst of a club full of loads of defenders being tried in its defence and all of them looking shite, Richards confidence went completely, eventually leading to asking to be moved from a position (something I can't recall ever happening at this club before) because it was less pressure at full back.

This is less than 12 months after he was excelling, and I mean excelling, in that same position.

Of all the players to suffer from the horrendous mismanagement and like of inter personal skills exhibited by Hughes here, Richards has fallen the most.

Yes, a large part of the 'blame' may also by down to the player and his attitude at times too, but given how every other defender looked like shit during that period too, it is very unfortunate for Richards that he was hit by that mess at such a crucial and maleable stage of his career.

FFS, he has hardly played a single game at the position he was so good at and his attributes suit the most (centre half) since his confidence was shot to pieces playing in the mess that was Hughes' defence.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
People seem to forget just how outstanding Richards was prior to the arrival of Hughes at this club.

Until the season petered out into a mess thanks to the idiot owner, Richards was immense at centre half with Dunne. They were being hailed, not just by City fans but neutral pundits too, as possibly the best partnership in the league.

And he was only 19 or 20 at this point.

He was easily the most impressive defender of his age in Europe. And that is not an exageration.

Then, and I know I am viewed as holding a grudge against Hughes but this bit is true, Hughes arrived and every single defender that player under him went backwards and was generally made to look rubbish when playing in the defence- those that he bought and those that were already here.

Unfortunately for Richards, this coincided with him being at a very impressionable and easily disrupted stage, both due to his age and, some might say, the rumours of his attitude not being 100% focused.

So, in the midst of a club full of loads of defenders being tried in its defence and all of them looking shite, Richards confidence went completely, eventually leading to asking to be moved from a position (something I can't recall ever happening at this club before) because it was less pressure at full back.

This is less than 12 months after he was excelling, and I mean excelling, in that same position.

Of all the players to suffer from the horrendous mismanagement and like of inter personal skills exhibited by Hughes here, Richards has fallen the most.

Yes, a large part of the 'blame' may also by down to the player and his attitude at times too, but given how every other defender looked like shit during that period too, it is very unfortunate for Richards that he was hit by that mess at such a crucial and maleable stage of his career.

FFS, he has hardly played a single game at the position he was so good at and his attributes suit the most (centre half) since his confidence was shot to pieces playing in the mess that was Hughes' defence.

I'm sure he played RB under Pearce and was immense so in all respect to your comment there's no need for his lack of concentration and performances every time he plays, I have said in the past few seasons he lacks a football brain he has the strength and ability to be a quality defender but without a decent footballing brain your more likely to be prone to being a bit careless and caught flat-footed which as a defender is crucial as your job is to protect the area between you and the Keeper. I would of just thought Rooney would of been up against stronger RB opponents but obviously not.

keemcfc said:
Cough MAICON! Cough cough

Excuse me.

;)
If you go to White Hart Line, no joke, Maicon is still there running between the half-way line and his own goal with a glazed look on his face.

pee dubya said:
keemcfc said:
Cough MAICON! Cough cough

Excuse me.

;)
If you go to White Hart Line, no joke, Maicon is still there running between the half-way line and his own goal with a glazed look on his face.
laugh.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.