Roque Santa Cruz [merged]

Re: Santa cruz-how long will he last

ifiwasarichfan said:
A City career lasting no more than 40 appearances with less than 15 Goals.

Similar to nearly every forward we have bought during my 40 years as a fan. From Wyn Davies in 1970-71 as a little boy to Benjani last year; and think of all the Russells, Creaneys, Corradis and Bradburys in between.

No club can waste good money on a forward like we can.

Well said. You could have added Rolando Bianchi who, when tranferred to us, was the subject to journalistic bewilderment and ridicule in the Italian press

The deal for RCS, if it goes through, will reveal the poverty of our ambition.

Not because there's any lack of cash on offer, it's just that we always want to be in the market for players who are past their peak or are never really ever going to end up at a top 4 club. Following the takeover last August, I thought that that policy was behind us. It's like buying a hi-spec car that is about 10 years old that has around 175,000 on the clock and is starting to cause major reliability problems.

Why can't we sign players that Like Aguero? I don't mean signing him now. I mean like when Atlético did when they signed him two years ago. There are many players that have been signed by top clubs , Fabregas, Ronaldo to name but two, who were signed after scouting and player recommendations were acted on decisively.

I am not at all sure how comprehensive system is in terms of numbers and geographical spread, but it appears that we never seemed to be linked with enough quality players in the 18 - 21 year old bracket.

It's obviously a great encouragement to know that we signed a teenager, Nils Zander, and are seemingly advanced in negotiation for the youth player Roman. However, they are prospects for doen the line in 3/4 years time. We need the injection of a young but experienced forward, like Antonio Valencia that will offer pace and goals, whilst not having a history which included long stretches on the treatment table.

Looks like we maybe going for bigger and better players now.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/18/Prem-Santa-Cruz-on-future/gnid-57407/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Foot ... nid-57407/</a>

Good, Hope he stays at rovers, he hasnt signed for us and i already dont like/rate him. i really hope we dont pursue this one.

Re: Santa cruz-how long will he last

Tez Tosterone said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
A City career lasting no more than 40 appearances with less than 15 Goals.

Similar to nearly every forward we have bought during my 40 years as a fan. From Wyn Davies in 1970-71 as a little boy to Benjani last year; and think of all the Russells, Creaneys, Corradis and Bradburys in between.

No club can waste good money on a forward like we can.

Well said. You could have added Rolando Bianchi who, when tranferred to us, was the subject to journalistic bewilderment and ridicule in the Italian press

The deal for RCS, if it goes through, will reveal the poverty of our ambition.

Not because there's any lack of cash on offer, it's just that we always want to be in the market for players who are past their peak or are never really ever going to end up at a top 4 club. Following the takeover last August, I thought that that policy was behind us. It's like buying a hi-spec car that is about 10 years old that has around 175,000 on the clock and is starting to cause major reliability problems.

Why can't we sign players that Like Aguero? I don't mean signing him now. I mean like when Atlético did when they signed him two years ago. There are many players that have been signed by top clubs , Fabregas, Ronaldo to name but two, who were signed after scouting and player recommendations were acted on decisively.

I am not at all sure how comprehensive system is in terms of numbers and geographical spread, but it appears that we never seemed to be linked with enough quality players in the 18 - 21 year old bracket.

It's obviously a great encouragement to know that we signed a teenager, Nils Zander, and are seemingly advanced in negotiation for the youth player Roman. However, they are prospects for doen the line in 3/4 years time. We need the injection of a young but experienced forward, like Antonio Valencia that will offer pace and goals, whilst not having a history which included long stretches on the treatment table.

I agree with this but I think it's easier said than done. The best young players are always spotted at a young age by the big clubs but that might be due to their resources.

Steve Bruce seems quite good at finding a decent young talent and he's never been at a big club so it can be done.

My dad always says there's more top players than can fit in top teams and it's something I agree with, we need to find young players who could become stars in the future. Kaka only cost AC 5 million and Ronaldo cost United 12.5 i think, we need to try and find the galacticos of the future rather than galacticos of today. Younger lads will be easier persuaded to join 'the project' as well.

I can fullly understand Eto'o and Villa not wanting to come here, they are in the prime of their careers and don't want to wait 2-3 years for success.

We need a player of his type to compliment whoever else we sign if we're going to have the same options in our squad as most top PL sides . If RSC is a permanent crock then we have to find another one. Recetly we've tried Samaras, Benjani, Caicedo, Bianchi & Jo. Hope we do a bit better next time. Hope even more that RSC passes a medical as he's better than all of those put together when fit.

Hope he fucking stays at Blackburn. Can get better than this injury prone waste of space for £17 Million.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.