Roque Santa Cruz

Blue Phil said:
sutty66 said:
Whats happening with rsc?
Staying. Happy with that to be honest. In his only full season he got 20+ plus goals (blackburn) and is happy to train hard, keep his mouth shut and be genrally a nice guy. If we need a target man he does his job well so (Y)

Cheers, we need 5 forwards for all the competitions we are in so i'm happy...

RSC could be our centre forward option if he gets fit. We certainly need someone who can head a ball. Of course Ade would be the ideal answer if he won headers etc

Sometimes you need a guy who can act as a foil for your more ceative players. Ade isn't that person, he moves around way too much and eats up the space I'd rather have Tevez, Milner, AJ, Silva etc occupying. RSC is a good target man, good touch, good vision, links up well, can head the ball, doesn't stray too much. He has a shocking injury record and is slower than Vieira but he may get away without pace. He comes back for corners so won't be needed to break fast from defence and his lack of mobility centrally may be a blessing. I hope he features this year and has a few good runs in the team. I know when he played last season Tevez and Bellamy linked up very well with him.

On a cushy number. Never an £18 million player hes found himself on a daft contract at city he should never have been given hes basically a £5 million player. His family love it in Hale. No way we were going to get rid of him unfortunately.

Have to try and make use of him I guess. The signing of RSC and Bellamy are the main reasons Hughes had to go IMO. Only willing to sign what he knows. Apparently spurs wanted to swap him for Keane, to be honest I would have taken that as I cant see how he will contribute that much at city where as Keane will always work hard and score and create a few goals. RSCe main issue is his injury record, hes been injured for 60% + of his career.

It just shows how badly he has been found out as a one season wonder, no one showed much of an interest in signing him. I dont see the point of loaning him for nothing though when he cost us so much though especially with us light on quality options up front.

If we missed the opportunity to sign Robbie Keane through choosing to keep Roque Santa Cruz, then that is hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

The Keane for RSC deal was one of the ones that were floated and never happened reading the press anyway. Seems city were happy with it and so were Spurs and Keane it was RSC refusal to move from Hale to go anywhere at all really that stopped it happening.

Signings like Robinho, RSC, Bellamy, Jo have shown why we have to be very very careful who we sign and what we pay moving forward, Quality, Injury record, Attitude, Age, temprament, Price in that order.

I know i am getting on a bit and may be going a bit deaf but i am sure ssn have just said rsc will not make the 25 man squad,somebody put me right please.

Robbie,has gone so thats freed up a place , i say give the guy a break he could be good for us says he is fully fit give him a chance ,his attitude is first rate and wants to play and prove himself at City at least he will play for the shirt which is more than can be said for some,he will get my full support if he plays good luck Santa.
CTID

If he can stay fit then I'm fine about him still being here and part of the squad. Yes we played well over the odds for him but people have to realise he isnt (and never was) the type of forward to take on 3 players before blasting a cracker into the top corner. Get decent balls into the box and he'll score. The best thing for RSC could be the fact we've signed Milner to provide those decent balls and set pieces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.