Ross Barkley

bluechampion7891 said:
ManCityX said:
BigOscar said:
Again, how is it a sensible arguament to say "we've bought dross in the past, so we shouldn't really worry about how good the people we are signing are"? That makes no sense. If we've spent badly, then we need to be more circumspect, not less.

You don't get it at all. We all want Pogba, Bale and Messi but when you can't get those players that's when you need the alternatives. Barkley is an alternative that could potentially become a much better player than what we have been bringing in. If you don't think so then name the young player we could bring in and could potentially be top class.

Koke, Kondogbia, Schniderlin, Sterling, Depay, De Bruyne just to name a few

Sterling plays a different position to Barkley and the others, with maybe the exception of Koke, are just wild hopes because they have foreign names. They would be no better signing than Bony is.

First choice: Pogba
Second choice: Barkley

First Choice: Bale
Second choice: Sterling.

BigOscar said:
ManCityX said:
BigOscar said:
Again, how is it a sensible arguament to say "we've bought dross in the past, so we shouldn't really worry about how good the people we are signing are"? That makes no sense. If we've spent badly, then we need to be more circumspect, not less.

You don't get it at all. We all want Pogba, Bale and Messi but when you can't get those players that's when you need the alternatives. Barkley is an alternative that could potentially become a much better player than what we have been bringing in. If you don't think so then name the young player we could bring in and could potentially be top class.
If you are going to "gamble" on a player that isn't top class, then they shouldn't cost the same as the people who are. That's the problem with Barkley. If he was some £10-15m player, you could argue that he's got potential and he's worth a gamble, but the reality is that he would cost the same as someone who is actually great, instead of someone who is little more than a punt. Lopes shows just as much, if not more potential than Barkley as an attacking midfielder and we already have him, free of charge. If we think he's a central midfielder, then there are plenty of better ones who would cost the same or less, like Pjanic, Gundogan, Kondogbia, Schneiderlein and plenty of others.
The real top class players are £40 million upwards nowadays and still doesn't guarantee success !

ManCityX said:
bluechampion7891 said:
ManCityX said:

Koke, Kondogbia, Schniderlin, Sterling, Depay, De Bruyne just to name a few

Sterling plays a different position to Barkley and the others, with maybe the exception of Koke, are just wild hopes because they have foreign names. They would be no better signing than Bony is.

First choice: Pogba
Second choice: Barkley

First Choice: Bale
Second choice: Sterling.

my reply was to:

We all want Pogba, Bale and Messi but when you can't get those players that's when you need the alternatives.

so we have CM, winger, and wide forward

as far as no better than Bony, please.

they have proven themselves in top leagues (with the exception of ironically pogba) by performing to a higher level. they will also likely cost less as they are non HG.

its not just about showing potential. they have shown both ability and potential

barkley has shown none this season

BigOscar said:
ManCityX said:
BigOscar said:

If you are going to "gamble" on a player that isn't top class, then they shouldn't cost the same as the people who are. That's the problem with Barkley. If he was some £10-15m player, you could argue that he's got potential and he's worth a gamble, but the reality is that he would cost the same as someone who is actually great, instead of someone who is little more than a punt. Lopes shows just as much, if not more potential than Barkley as an attacking midfielder and we already have him, free of charge. If we think he's a central midfielder, then there are plenty of better ones who would cost the same or less, like Pjanic, Gundogan, Kondogbia, Schneiderlein and plenty of others.

That list at the end. Jesus Christ mate. That's the exact sort of player we have been buying which has been fucking us up.

I knew you'd bring up Lopes. I guarantee that you've barely even seen him play.

Barkley would be a gamble of sorts but if we can't sign Messi, Ronaldo, Pogba and Bale then you have to make gambles of sorts. We just bought Bony for nearly 30 million and nobody cried about that, despite the fact we have three other strikers on the books. Bony might turn out to not even be as good as Dzeko, we don't know yet.

I'd be more than happy to spend what we did on Bony on a young prospect like Barkley.

ManCityX said:
BigOscar said:
ManCityX said:

That list at the end. Jesus Christ mate. That's the exact sort of player we have been buying which has been fucking us up.

I knew you'd bring up Lopes. I guarantee that you've barely even seen him play.

Barkley would be a gamble of sorts but if we can't sign Messi, Ronaldo, Pogba and Bale then you have to make gambles of sorts. We just bought Bony for nearly 30 million and nobody cried about that, despite the fact we have three other strikers on the books. Bony might turn out to not even be as good as Dzeko, we don't know yet.
Interesting guarantee, how do you know how much I've seen him play? (you clearly don't have a clue)

ManCityX said:
I know you'll say you have but it's unlikely you've seen many of his Lille performances.
I've seen plenty of them, along with plenty of games for our reserves, all his games for our first team and a lot of games at various youth levels for Portugal. I'm fairly confident that I've seen him play far more times than you've seen Barkley play (I won't guarantee it, as I have no idea what you do with your time)

ManCityX said:
Keep telling yourself that. I knew you'd suddenly become a season ticket holder of the Portuguese youth system.
It's not exactly a secret on here that I'm a big fan of Portuguese football, it's not sudden at all.

We need to be looking at signing young players just like this one with huge potential that we can turn into world class players. We shouldnt be spending 50m every time we buy a player. Syaing that anything more than 30 then he's to expensive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.