Ross Barkley

FantasyIreland said:
He has been given another start in Europe tonight,for those interested in his performance.......its on ITV4 at 1800hrs.
Easy......

Good game - sign him regardless of price....world class.

Bad game - utter dog shite, typically overrated English youngster......would be out of his depth at our club.

Ricster said:
.A. said:
Put Koke or Pogba in this years Everton team and the hipsters wouldn't be anywhere near as insistent that we sign them. Put Barkley in the laughably declining Serie A in the same team next to Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal and he'd look astounding.

It's a shame Pellegrini's anglophobia has transmitted onto most on here; most big money flops in the Premier League have been foreign, but the prospect of signing Lamelas, Soldados and Paulinhos, or Mangalas, Fernandos or Robinhos is more exciting than investing in and developing a young domestic talent for the modern football fan of a modern money club.

The most successful club of the Premier League era was identifiably British, and they had a big impact on Europe as well; the notion that British players aren't up to standard is simply moronic. The likes of Scholes, Lampard, Cole, Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Giggs and Rooney have more top-level medals and have starred in more latter-stage European Cup games than Manchester City Football Club.

To refuse to acknowledge and adopt that winning formula is naive to the point of stupidity on the part of both those running the club, and the fans who pine for exclusively foreign transfer activity. If we one day want to be a club like Bayern or Barca, we have to forge a similar identity to those clubs; if Barkley was German Bayern would have signed him last summer, while Ferguson would have spent the Herrera money on him instead. That's what those who know how to build sustainable success do.

Barkley has had more of an impact on top-level football than Toure did at 21, and has all of the tools to both succeed and exceed him in our midfield. He can match Toure's passing, driving runs and has a good enough shot with either foot to gradually score 10+ goals from midfield, while also having an extra willingness/capability to chase down and tackle.

I find it hard to understand some logic on here; we now read that Gareth Bale isn't good enough for us. Says it all really.

The modern City fan wouldn't have wanted us to sign Colin Bell either.

Best post I've seen for a long time on Bluemoon and agree 100%. I think everyone would have Barkley on last season's form, and if the price is right, all would take him. It's all about the price. 25m max for me.
And there is the problem because 25m wouldn't get anywhere near signing him and as good as he may (or may not) end up being, I'd be a bit alarmed if we spent a lot more than that on him on the evidence of what I have seen of him.

The woodwork away from a wonder goal......very unlucky.

Struck the post in the first half too.

While he hasn't had the overall greatest of games there have certainly been occasions of quality,currently at 63mins.

Oh,Everton are poor!

Gaylord du Bois said:
Keeps going the way he is and we can get him with nectar points.

^^^^^^^^
This. If he was Spanish, we would laugh at the comparisons and prices floated. Big, strong ENGLISH lad....put another zero on it!! (Shakes head)

I hope Milner can do a Fernando for us and sign new contract and then we can sell him for 10m at least, and then we can sign Barkley for 7m + Milner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.