Ross Barkley

stony said:
SuperBlu said:
I hope Milner can do a Fernando for us and sign new contract and then we can sell him for 10m at least, and then we can sign Barkley for 7m + Milner.

Barkley would be nowhere near our first team. He's not even in Everton's best 11. If we signed Barkley it would be the biggest waste of money ever. He needs games and time to develop, and he won't get either at City.

Spot on. Had a purple ish season last year and now nowhere to be seen.

When I hear that we try to get even closer to the elite with signings like Barkley, Wilshere...

Really hope these are just rumours and not real plans.

I mean Wenger would attack us in the press for making a bid for Wilshere but then would laugh his ass off and would accept instantly if we offer anything like 30-40m for him.

Damanino said:
When I hear that we try to get even closer to the elite with signings like Barkley, Wilshere...

Really hope these are just rumours and not real plans.

I mean Wenger would attack us in the press for making a bid for Wilshere but then would laugh his ass off and would accept instantly if we offer anything like 30-40m for him.

Hope to got the rumours around Wilshire are just that. Bad enough thinking were going to spunk millions on Barkley, but Wilshire...............

City_Sean said:
He hasn't kicked on this season, which is something that worries me. He doesn't neither assist or score.

I have not seen much of him (or any non-City players) this season but Everton seem to be pretty poor as a whole this year. I love stats but you have to be careful with them. Good assist stats also rely on having people of the ned of the passes putting the ball in the net. The only regular player in the Everton side with more key passes is Baines, who has by far the most assists in their side, which probably tells a story in itself.

I am concerned that he does not appear to have kicked on but what I saw of him last season suggested to me that he has natural talent. If he has the right attitude, he might well flourish if he came to City. If we do go for him, I'd like to see a deal with a sensible initial fee and add-ons.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
curious interview with him where he says he's a striker and is most effective there.

I hope Barkley doesn't become one of those English players that can never seem to find a perfect position because of versatility.

I personally think his best position is as a box to box midfielder like Gerrard once was, not a number ten, deep-lying playmaker, or a striker.

City_Sean said:
He hasn't kicked on this season, which is something that worries me. He doesn't neither assist or score.

He is a young player that has been part of an under performing squad.
Everton in general have been awful this season.
Barkley would benfit hugely by playing with a higher calibre of player.

Lomas has a lob on said:
City_Sean said:

Poor teams are where good young players often stand out. You need only look at John Stones in the same team, who is having a good season.

Lille are torturous to watch at times, but whenever Lopes is on the pitch for them he tends to have a tangible impact, a lasting effect on the game. Something we seldom see from Barkley.

This Barkley hype is making my head hurt. I am not saying he's shit but every time I watch him he seems to do... nothing! He just runs around, plays short passes, and nearly every game makes at least one suicidal pass or loses the ball and puts Everton in trouble. Just like when Jovetic (a vastly superior player) loses the ball for us, it stands out because we're a team renowned for keeping the ball, and Barkley would stick out in the same way.

I just don't see *anything* that matches the price tag attached and the hype from media and fans. Technically he is OK and can dribble pretty well (often with 0 end product), but only in the same way probably 4 or 5 of our academy players can.

McCarthy in the same team always looks better to me and I wouldn't buy him either. People lambast Wilshere because he's a dick, but to me, when actually fit, he is a much better player than Barkley who can play at a high tempo and make his mark on games.

LoveCity said:
Lomas has a lob on said:
City_Sean said:

Poor teams are where good young players often stand out. You need only look at John Stones in the same team, who is having a good season.

Lille are torturous to watch at times, but whenever Lopes is on the pitch for them he tends to have a tangible impact, a lasting effect on the game. Something we seldom see from Barkley.

This Barkley hype is making my head hurt. I am not saying he's shit but every time I watch him he seems to do... nothing! He just runs around, plays short passes, and nearly every game makes at least one suicidal pass or loses the ball and puts Everton in trouble. Just like when Jovetic (a vastly superior player) loses the ball for us, it stands out because we're a team renowned for keeping the ball, and Barkley would stick out in the same way.

I just don't see *anything* that matches the price tag attached and the hype from media and fans. Technically he is OK and can dribble pretty well (often with 0 end product), but only in the same way probably 4 or 5 of our academy players can.

McCarthy in the same team always looks better to me and I wouldn't buy him either. People lambast Wilshere because he's a dick, but to me, when actually fit, he is a much better player than Barkley who can play at a high tempo and make his mark on games.

Agree with most of what you have said. I only hope that if we are in for him, we have a ceiling price in mind and it represents his worth now. Personally, I haven't seen anything of him to suggest he would improve us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.