Ross Barkley

I can't believe the numbers of people saying we should sign him. Simply speaking he will never be good enough as a no10 or AM to hold a place in our team. This below sums it up well. We should stay well clear.

He struggles to make it into the England squad yet some people want him lol

I would rather give the minutes to one of talented advanced play makers we already have.

What does Barkley offer that isn't bettered by Fodan or Diaz?

I would rather give the minutes to one of talented advanced play makers we already have.

What does Barkley offer that isn't bettered by Fodan or Diaz?
Physical presence and aerial ability.

I reckon he wouldn't be a competitor to them at all. He'd be trained as six where we have a huge hole currently - 2 players, one of which is too old and immobile (Yaya), another isn't really suited to position (Dinho). Both have 1-year contracts and will be gone next summer. Even if we're going to buy Weigl or Goretzka next summer, another player is needed as squad option.

Saying that, I don't see any signs of Pep being interested.

No player can replace Yaya.

He might be good enough to replace Gundogan & Fernandinho.
How? He's not remotely the same kind of player as either. He's an attacking midfielder who's main skill is that he's a big strong, powerful runner with an occasional decent shot on him. He's not a defensive midfielder or a pivot, nor does he have the skillset to become either of those things.

Seriously not sure what player other people are watching if they think he's a replacement for Fernandinho

Physical presence and aerial ability.

I reckon he wouldn't be a competitor to them at all. He'd be trained as six where we have a huge hole currently - 2 players, one of which is too old and immobile (Yaya), another isn't really suited to position (Dinho). Both have 1-year contracts and will be gone next summer. Even if we're going to buy Weigl or Goretzka next summer, another player is needed as squad option.

Saying that, I don't see any signs of Pep being interested.
Just because Barkley is available it doesn't mean we should be in the market for him. Why should we buy him when he really isn't that good; it makes no sense.

We are a progressive club who are looking to compete with the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, etc. Can anyone honestly see Barkley getting into any of their First Teams (starting 11 or bench)?

How? He's not remotely the same kind of player as either. He's an attacking midfielder who's main skill is that he's a big strong, powerful runner with an occasional decent shot on him. He's not a defensive midfielder or a pivot, nor does he have the skillset to become either of those things.

Seriously not sure what player other people are watching if they think he's a replacement for Fernandinho

In the past, Yaya used to play as CAM with Barry & JDJ behind him, now he is playing as a DM/Pivot

Silva & KDB were playing as wingers, now they are playing as CMs.

Good talented player can adapt to more than one position.

Not good enough for us. He's not kicked on since the 2013/14 season and is now trying to force a move away from a club who's manager expects a level of performance week in week out that he doesn't give. He's not gonna find life any easier if he ends up here, Pep and Koeman expect a similar level of consistency so for my mind there's not a prayer this will happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.