Ross Barkley

In the past, Yaya used to play as CAM with Barry & JDJ behind him, now he is playing as a DM/Pivot

Silva & KDB were playing as wingers, now they are playing as CMs.

Good talented player can adapt to more than one position.

The difference being Barkley isn't that talented...

Last season Koeman commented on his lack of product when he isn't played in the number 10 role having the team centred around him, the game completely passed him by whenever he was played out wide, a position that would or should be more suited and familiar to him than in deep midfield and he couldn't hack it there. I really really do not get what some people see in thinking he could make a good sitting midfielder. He doesn't dictate play, his passing isn't particularly good, neither short or long, he's borderline brain dead and plays on instinct alone, he doesn't protect the ball especially well, other than kind of having a physique built for it what exactly do people see in him that suggests that he could excel in that role?

In the past, Yaya used to play as CAM with Barry & JDJ behind him, now he is playing as a DM/Pivot

Silva & KDB were playing as wingers, now they are playing as CMs.

Good talented player can adapt to more than one position.
Except Yaya was a world class ball playing midfielder before we gave him the push forwards to AM, with exceptional vision, technique and all the skills required to play either role, now we've moved him back to where he played before because his legs have gone.

Ross Barkley has none of the skills required to be a pivot. He's got no vision, no tactical intelligence, no positional awareness, he's not an especially good passer of the ball and his off the ball movement is pretty shit. He's good at getting the ball on the turn and legging it forwards, completely ignoring all his teammates and sometimes cracking in a good strike. He's just not remotely suited to it, he doesn't have the skillset at all

Incredibly intelligent players with great technique and awareness can change positions successfully, but Barkley isn't any of those things.

Physical presence and aerial ability.

I reckon he wouldn't be a competitor to them at all. He'd be trained as six where we have a huge hole currently - 2 players, one of which is too old and immobile (Yaya), another isn't really suited to position (Dinho). Both have 1-year contracts and will be gone next summer. Even if we're going to buy Weigl or Goretzka next summer, another player is needed as squad option.

Saying that, I don't see any signs of Pep being interested.

I dont think his passing game or football intelligence is up to scratch to play no.6.. would rather play Garcia there

There is no such thing as a home grown quota so why use that as a rational to buy shit players. He simply isn't good enough for our squad.

Did I do such a thing? I was correcting the poster that said we should fill our HG slots with Academy lads. Considering he thought that these boys could qualify as HG I felt it better not going into the more complicated explanation of whether we NEED to fill our HG slots. Thanks though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.