Ross Barkley

And Everton are willing to let him go...
I am not sure if willing is the right word, they offered him a pretty generous new contract which he refused so they are trying to recuperate some money before he can leave on a free.

Yep. The decisions and quality of the managers of England are something I hold in high esteem.

Barkley is talented, there's no doubt about that. However, he's your typical MOTD player, very Adam Johnsonesque in that regard.

He's highly capable of doing all you previously suggested. But the comparisons to Yaya is nonsense because Toure doesn't neglect the basics in the manner Barkley does.

That wonder goal Barkley scored against Newcastle where he ran with the ball from the half way line completely sums him up. A lot of people went overboard on his ability to dribble and beat a man, whereas I think that it highlighted his lack of spatial awareness when he had several opportunities to pass to a teammate in a better position but chose not to.

That sums him up for me.

Barkley is talented, there's no doubt about that. However, he's your typical MOTD player, very Adam Johnsonesque in that regard.

He's highly capable of doing all you previously suggested. But the comparisons to Yaya is nonsense because Toure doesn't neglect the basics in the manner Barkley does.

That wonder goal Barkley scored against Newcastle where he ran with the ball from the half way line completely sums him up. A lot of people went overboard on his ability to dribble and beat a man, whereas I think that it highlighted his lack of spatial awareness when he had several opportunities to pass to a teammate in a better position but chose not to.

That sums him up for me.

Well reasoned reply mate. I respect your thoughts. However Barkley has got 10 years on Yaya though ( who didn't start to "run" games until his late 20's). It's a big Yes from me. If he goes to utd I'd be a worried man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.