Roughest grounds you've been too and biggest scraps!

BringBackSwales said:
black mamba said:
Tbilisi said:
Correct,re my earlier post I saw a bloke and his son get the shit kicked out of them coming out at Ayresome Park in 1980,to my shame I could do nothing about it,there were loads of them joining in.Coppers just watched,scared themselves.

Just to point out that we had our yobs though ..... the biggest beating i ever saw was dished out to three Middlesbrough supporters who were punched and kicked senseless by 30/40 City fans as they lay in the road near the Maine Road souvenier shop ..... they had seemingly left the ground five minutes early to avoid any trouble and unfortunately (for them) walked straight into it !

Only the late intervention of other City fans saved them ......

yes a lot of fans of other clubs used to say that Maine Road was a very dodgy ground for away fans

No danger of saying that about the Etihad is there..

Amsterdam was rough this year as well, not on the scale of the 70/80's but there was lots of scraps all around the City center, they didn't like that we took so many fans anyway!

It was weird coming out the stadium and being outnumbered by riot police!

BringBackSwales said:
urmston said:
I went eveywhere in the 70s and 80s and saw lots of trouble but for anyone with two braincells to rub together it was easy to stay out of it.

fuckin hell mate, did you manage to climb that wall at St James's in 77 then? I have my fair share of brain cells (honest) but there was no way out of that shit you smug so and so
well said.

Loukas said:
Amsterdam was rough this year as well, not on the scale of the 70/80's but there was lots of scraps all around the City center, they didn't like that we took so many fans anyway!

Never saw any bother in Amsterdam at all. The Ajax fans we came across were all sound lads and lasses

cant believe some of the comments about my beloved Ninian park!! It wasnt that bad was it surely!!???!!

Ive only ever seen trouble there when certain teams came down, Millwall the worst, then Leeds in 2001 when we beat them in the fa cup, reading and stoke also quite tasty, as too are bristol city in the "severnside" derby.

and also some small mickey outfit from down west wales of which the name i cant seem to recall at present.......they play in white and have a goose as their mascot

i miss ninian park. Last of the old skool grounds, all crumbling terracing, no scoreboard, portacabins for toilets, asbestos filled concrete corrugated roofing, wooden bench seating, "bluebird" pasties, barbed wire fencing...........great times

grim up north said:
Loukas said:

Never saw any bother in Amsterdam at all. The Ajax fans we came across were all sound lads and lasses

Same here, I'm glad aswell because they were all fucking giants!

black mamba said:
Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup , early 70's at their place , was a real bad one too ....... Forest had a nasty crew in those days and they were well up for trouble ..... we lost 4-1 and the Forest fans surrounded us in one corner of the ground , very intimidating ..... plenty of trouble outside after the game.

In the following round they went to Newcastle and the game was held up because of serious crowd trouble , a few fans were stabbed.

And to cap it all off there would be no power to operate on anyone in the Hospitals!

After a derby game at eastlands, which we lost, 2 lads in united tops getting absolutely leathered by a few city fans. Few city stepped in to save the lads who did fuck all wrong and they got a twatting themselves. Im sure it came out one of the united lads was related to some united player.
It sticks in my mind because before that, and since, i have never seen city fans acting like massive twats

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.