Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
How ridiculous do you have to be to pretend we weren't trying to sign Koulibaly this summer?

We've just learned that the possibility of signing Dias for a reasonable price started after Benfica were knocked out of the Champions League. I could see it being a case where we had Dias and Koulibably in the same bracket and once we were able to get Dias for a reasonable price AND get rid of Otamendi it made a lot more sense, especially with ADL's inability to negotiate.

It's odd how this just happened, all so fast. Months and months of will he/won't he with several players and yet this one just finally happens over the course of 24 hours. It makes me think that we were never anywhere near close to signing Koulibaly, Koundé or whoever (although I'm sure we tried).

Another thing, it's nice that some people are a bit more willing to see this happen than yesterday.

Yes, we wasted three months talking to Aurelio De Laurentiis just for fun and then decided to sign the guy we wanted all along after the season started. I don't know why some of you are so desperate to pretend Dias was the first choice when he extremely obviously was not.
It's no different to the people who believe the club failed and could only get Dias as a 4th choice panic buy which means he will be crap and our transfer team are shit. None of us know and tbh I hope he signs and don't really understand the need to know how, when and why.

How ridiculous do you have to be to pretend we weren't trying to sign Koulibaly this summer?

I have no doubt that we enquired about Koulibaly but probably thought the age to cost profile wasn't right, particularly with him coming off a less than stellar season apparently.

I'm pretty sure we will have had a few targets that fit the profile of what we were looking for and I am also quite sure that we would talk to all of them to find out availability, costs etc. I really don't think there is a numbered list of first choice/second choice etc. It's more likely that we gather the info on each of the players and then make a decision. It seems like we have decided Dias is the best option. He probably came into the reckoning more strongly after Benfica failed to make the group stages. Before then his cost would have probably been prohibitive.

Ok, right, so every single source connected to the club, including Tolmie since you mentioned him, was completely wrong when they all said we were trying to sign Koulibaly. Also De Laurentiis was just making it up when he was talking openly in the press about it. Delusional.
There are no sources connected to the club. Pretty sure tolmie repeatedly said though there was no bid put in for him. Who cares anyway it isn’t important, only the player we get in the end matters, the rest is all transfer forum fun and games.Rumour and guesswork, if you choose to take any of it as gospel that’s your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.