Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked up the stats for his game today (he was the captain and scored). Benfica had 71% possession, 29 shots to 5 against (10 to 1 on target), 10 corner kicks to 1 against, 6 big chances missed (by the team) and they only won 2-0. His heat map shows he spent most of his time around the half way line and completed 92% (66) of his passes. Sounds like he'll be right at home in our team...
Yep but other than that he`s shite ... according to some on this forum. ;)

And I bet you were one of the first to complain that last season we didn`t have sufficient cover in that position.

I was. I was very vocal about needing a 4th cb and not including Fernandinho as one of them. Once this Dias deal is done we have our 4 cb’s and with additional back up options we didn’t have last season. There’s not a chance we sign another expensive first team CB making it 5 senior cb’s, no squad can facilitate 5 cb’s all expecting games. there’s more chance we sign Messi before the window shuts

I was. I was very vocal about needing a 4th cb and not including Fernandinho as one of them. Once this Dias deal is done we have our 4 cb’s and with additional back up options we didn’t have last season. There’s not a chance we sign another expensive first team CB making it 5 senior cb’s, no squad can facilitate 5 cb’s all expecting games. there’s more chance we sign Messi before the window shuts
But you`re assuming that we will keep all our so called centre backs.If we do then at least it ties Ferno away from that area and get him back into his rightful position.

This:

2020/21 - Laporte, Ake, Dias & a hopefully motivated Stones

Is absolutely miles better than this:

2019/20 - Injured Laporte, Otamendi, old DM at CB in Ferna, 19 year old Garcia lacking pace/height, an unfocused/injured Stones.

On paper at least it's not even close. Could also quite easily turn into one of the strongest collection of CBs in the world with a bit of luck. Think we've made huge upgrades defensively thankfully. Get that double pivot sharp and we'll be notably more secure than last season.

This:

2020/21 - Laporte, Ake, Dias & a hopefully motivated Stones

Is absolutely miles better than this:

2019/20 - Injured Laporte, Otamendi, old DM at CB in Ferna, 19 year old Garcia lacking pace/height, an unfocused/injured Stones.

On paper at least it's not even close. Could also quite easily turn into one of the strongest collection of CBs in the world with a bit of luck.
Plus they're a relatively young collective. If Stones turns out alright again then that's the next 5 years sorted, at least. And hopefully by then the academy will have churned out a player or two.

Noticed he follows a fair bit of pop culture and American musicians on IG, must speak some English at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.