Ruben Dias - Benfica confirm sale to City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones was a shambles at Everton, and they were happy to get rid before his performances damaged his early hype and value any further. He had one purple patch of about 3 months here in a team that was absolutely flying, besides that he's been gash. Toilet. A more polished version of the dodgy centre half that was at Everton. This wasn't hard to predict. He was a homegrown signing that was a punt, predominantly based on nothing more than his ability to play it out the back and the hope that Pep could turn him into a competent centre half because he was still fairly young. Hasn't happened, to the surprise of few.

I don't even want to get started on the others but the Stones signing is a good example of how we've taken punts on these big signings at the back, when there were clear question marks over them already and we just seemed to hope Pep could work miracles with them.

Our recruitment deserves criticism. It's been piss poor.

Yet somehow we have managed to win back to back titles and also win both cups as well....
Every club buys players that don't always work out for various reasons..
We have also bought some great players..

Given my view and I don't want to be a negative Nige so I'll leave it at that. Just feeling a bit pessimistic after the weekend.

I hope the lad is a huge success and I'll be backing him to that end. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.