Ruben Dias signs new contract until 2027

I think we take for granted how young he is too. Only just turned 24. Imagine what he's going to be like at 30.

FFS Txiki. Don't mind the staff downstairs. We need some bling new posh signings upstairs.

It always baffles me why players sign 6 year contracts
It's security for players just as much as it is for the club. Especially at a club like City. If you think you're at a club that you'll still want to be at in 6 years time then you'll want that in writing just as much as the next guy.

I'm quite sure the club were confident they'd signed a good player last year and that he was high if not top of their list of centre backs they wanted (but only became available unexpectedly late in last summer's window). However, no one foresaw the impact he has actually had. He passed the trial with flying colours so it makes sense to get him tied down for even longer.

He must be made captain at some point.

His transfer fee looks something of a bargain now but extending the contract will spread the cost a bit further; although his higher salary probably offsets that benefit.

Great but we should be spending the remaining days of the window signing someone to make the squad more balanced. You have the rest of the year to do this stuff

It's security for players just as much as it is for the club. Especially at a club like City. If you think you're at a club that you'll still want to be at in 6 years time then you'll want that in writing just as much as the next guy.
Im sure a certain, currently unavailable left back is delighted that he signed a six year contract, even before his latest issues

I was taking the piss seeing how everyone on the transfer forum was having a go at the clueless Kane brothers it’s fucking hilarious this forum

Really ? I mean I'm really pleased but it's not like he was in the last year of his contract. He wasn't going anywhere so no it's not better than signing a striker lol
In my eyes it is. Tying down our best and youngest players long term, is immense and is an indication that Pep might be sticking around for a lot longer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.