Rugby League thread

Buzzing about Salford. My stepdad is a huge fan and by default, I've gotten into watching them. Gutted the final is behind closed doors. It even looks like we won't be able to make a day of it and watch it in the pub either.

Buzzing about Salford. My stepdad is a huge fan and by default, I've gotten into watching them. Gutted the final is behind closed doors. It even looks like we won't be able to make a day of it and watch it in the pub either.
But for the lockout of fans, I would have been looking forward to this game like no other RL match I’ve been to and I must have been to 20 Challenge Cup and Grand Finals.

My Great Grandad played for Salford before going off to dies in the Battle of the Somme. My Mum’s family lived with a drop goal’s distance of the Willows. I’ve been a season ticket holder at the Rhinos for as long as I can remember.

I’m gutted we can’t go down to Wembley to watch the game and make a great weekend of it, however the result might go.

Yes Covid is a significant risk but the world has to go on and I think both teams should have been allowed to take 10k of their fans.

After getting to the GF last year, getting to the CC final this year would have been a great trip for the Salford fans.

Have a good day on the sauce on your own mate, if you win you won’t care as long as you see it!

That Sydney v Canberra game this morning was a cracker!

Looking forward to Parramatta v Souths tomorrow morning n’all.

Wire v Wigan tonight, should be a good game after two poor performances last week, think both will be after bouncing back.

I have barely watched Salford in the last 20 years but went home and away for several years. Mostly shite years it has to be said. Dreamt of getting to a CC cup final. The year we get there, I cannot go. Gutted.

Awesome by Salford,just a shame for the fans with no day out.
My 73 yeard old dad, a long standing Salford supporter, has been to every Challenge Cup Final for the last 45 odd years and he was there, with my mum, in 69. He took me to my first when I was 11. The only one he has missed in all that time was 17 years ago after quite a severe stroke (still has no use of his left arm and drags his left leg). I can't fucking believe the one time Salford get there and he can't go. Fucking gutted for him but we will be watching it together.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.