Rugby Union World Cup 2019

If one thing stands out in both codes of rugby is everyone gets battered and just gets back up and gets on with it, footballers falling over with a tug on the shirt, contact felt so he had good cause to go down, you limp and will be out for six weeks.
Watch dippers v spuds this afternoon for plenty of examples.
I love my football and only watch rugby now and again but footballers verge on ridiculous, if you tackle these days you either get booked or a retrospective ban.
Not a VAR this morning and respect for the ref and each other impressive even with a few spats, football's gone soft in front of our eye's, cleansed to a non contact sport without us realising.
Blinking heck that went on longer than I meant, almost drifted off course I forgot what I wanted to say.

That was closer than I thought it would be, and the better side won.

On this weekend's performances, England should be comfortable winners next week.

Gatland couldn't wait to mention the small player pool post match, funny how it never gets mentioned when they were winning six nations and pushing for world #1 raking.

That's how it works though isn't it? Why would anyone mention a handicap when you're massively overachieving?

Fact is he lost Anscombe, Faletau, Jenkins, Liam Williams, Cory Hill and Navidi who would probably have started that match, plus Parkes was playing with 2 broken bones in his hand and Jonathan Davies couldn't walk 2 weeks ago because of the knee.

I prefer the flow of Rugby League and find Union a bit like a game of tennis sometimes with team exchanging kicks up and down field. However, I have watched the 2 semifinals and got to say I’ve been so impressed with the players efforts and discipline.

League seems to be focused on on ball handing, quick passing, try scoring rugby.

Union seems to reward kicking and brute strength.

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times before but why don't they just combine the best bits from both codes and have one type of rugby?

League seems to be focused on on ball handing, quick passing, try scoring rugby.

Union seems to reward kicking and brute strength.

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times before but why don't they just combine the best bits from both codes and have one type of rugby?
I played both codes, different mind set in league due the tackle rule.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.