Rugby World Cup 2023

They are talking bout clear line of sight which is complete crap,
As the guys in the studio have said though, there was clearly no intent, it was a yellow all day long which just proves var is as shit in rugby as it is in footy.

The drop goal is it England tactics?

not really. It used to happen far more often than recently. I don't think it's really Farrell's style.

In this case, there's a relatively stable supply of ball and not much sign of any other way through the Argentina line - Ford is clearly instructing play. Smart stuff from him.

As a rugby league man, I just can’t get my head around that red card for England. He rightly stays upright there for his own safety while a man is coming down with the ball from the air.

If he bends at the hips there, he puts his own safety at risk as someone could come down from the air onto the back of his neck.

I know it’s a different code of football, but that’s not even a penalty in RL, never mind a yellow and certainly never mind a red.

England have been the better team here though. Argies are rattled!
Wouldn't even be a yellow in football. If the keeper catches one like that and him an opponent clash head's accidentally it's just one of those things. Soft rugby fuckers :)

And he had what, 7 mins I think they said to make the decision

That's right. It's the new thing - show a yellow if it's not definite and then 8 minutes to make a decision.
I quite like the idea of it as it means the match doesn't stop for a long time, and further angles can be acquired for review.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.