Rugby World Cup 2023

Brilliant stuff (and made me forget about that Everton result!).

So next Sunday night, Wales v Australia;
Wales win, and it’ll be them and Fiji going through with Aussies out.
Australia win, and Fiji could still go out on bonus points etc.

Have I got that right?
Erm no and Yes :-)
Fiji are now in a strong position and really need two bonus point wins against the two weaker teams which would probably be enough at 16pts.
If Wales win in all likelihood the Convicts go home.
If Australia win it will probably depend on them getting a bonus point.if that happens Wales could be heading home.
They could beat Wales, not get a bonus point and the latter get one by being within 7points of the victors.If that happens the convicts are in trouble.
Other variables do exist.

Fiji are now in a strong position and really need two bonus point wins against the two weaker teams which would probably be enough at 16pts.
If Australia win it will probably depend on them getting a bonus point.if that happens Wales could be heading home.
They could beat Wales, not get a bonus point and the latter get one by being within 7points of the victors.If that happens the convicts are in trouble.
Cheers, I’m glad you’ve had a go at explaining that pal, cos I had no idea!

Thanks for clarifying ‍♂️

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.