Rule question

at what point does the ref take up the power of being a ref for a game of football and and when is it out of his hands and stands down
this rules has been used not so long ago i seem to remember when a fight or something happened and somebody got booked in the car park

I used to referee swimming meets and if the same rules apply, which more than likely do, then the referee takes control from the moment he is appointed the match official and he stands down when his report is made

I know it's not, that's kind of the point. If it was a bookable offence I wouldn't be asking if anyone remembers it happening would I?
I didn't know you knew it wasn't a bookable offence nor would I know you wont be asking!

Anyway there is someone on ask the ref who thinks this

"I can remember Duncan Shearer being booked for this, think the excuse used was ungentlemanly conduct".

Shearer played in that era as a striker for numerous clubs including Huddersfield

If a team wants to waste time at the end of a game and has a goal kick, why don't they get the keeper to keep taking it short to a defender who goes in to the box to play it meaning it has to keep being re-taken?
Because by the second time it was done either the keeper or defender would be booked for time wasting. If it was allowed, Everton would have been doing it years ago, with Tim Howard in goal he'd have byeen doing it from the 2nd minute

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.