Running thread

Another 14 this morning in that fucking thunder storm, absolutely soaked by it. Average pave 9 minute miles. @Stuuuuuu that seem better mate?
Yeah, did it feel a lot easier and more comfortable? The general guidance is to do longer runs once a week at a 'conversational' pace. This will improve your aerobic capacity, making you a more efficient distance runner.

Then you could do one or two much shorter speed sessions (intervals, threshold runs) during the week to develop the pace you're after. Other runs would be at an easy pace. As a general rule, 80% of your total weekly mileage should be done at an easy pace.

I ran Equinox24 this weekend. Really well organised event and great race village. If anyone is looking for a great place to meet some goals (large or small) then I can definitely recommend it

Used to love running in my 20's and 30's. 8 to 10 miles 3 times a week round Oldham and Royton. Used to run from my house in Shaw to Hollingworth Lake and meet mates who had driven to the lake and ran around it before getting in their car for the journey home while I ran it. 11 miles all round. Then I ran from Shaw, Delph, Uppermill, up to Grotton, into Oldham centre, past the college, down past Boundary Park to Shaw Road and then home. About 16 miles in total. I used that to eventually run the Manchester Marathon to buy a hospital cot for Booth Hill Hospital who saved my sons life when he was 1 year old.

Now I'm 60 and bolloxed, I couldn't run a bath. I'm jealous of you all, but hope you keep going for as long as you can.

Attempt on sub 2hr marathon now live on BBC website and eurosport 1
Half way on schedule
Eliud kipchoge
Human shield in front of him for slip stream
Unbelievable whatever the time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.