Running thread

Well I have been back running and in the gym for a couple of weeks now. As I have mentioned a few times on here, I have Crohns and it plays havoc with my fitness. The ironic thing about Crohns is that no exercise and eating plain but unhealthy food seems to actually ease symptoms.
But I am determined to try and get fit, lose some weight and be better prepared mentally to deal with things.
Now up to running 7 miles without stopping. Hoping to do 8.5 on Wednesday.
Had a camera where the sun don't shine yesterday and only mild inflammation in 2 places. That is far better than I was 8 weeks ago. The healthy living is definitely having an effect :-D

Any park run times from yesterday? Completed a 15k instead of Park Run as I have eaten poorly all week and the thought of killing myself trying to do a PB seemed a lot worse than a nice evenly paced run and the chance to get a few miles in my legs.

Concur with all the posters above. Weights/resistance bands etc are a must if you are going to run and something I have overlooked all my life.

Struggled with my left knee for years but by strengthening the muscles around it in the gym and with bands have had very little reaction over the last couple of months. It does not have to cost an arm and a leg either. Picked up a set of 3 resistance bands from decathlon for 6 quid and follow a few exercises on youtube. From that alone I have noticed the difference.

I got a joint PB 23:50 in my Parkrun yesterday.
Felt awful and stopped a couple times - was surprised at my time.

Funnily enough, my time was around 23:50 yesterday, but it's a slower course and I started midway in the crowd and it gets snarled up. I felt ok for a fastish run once I got going so I think my gym work (including cardio) is paying off. I do like that one run of the week when you hammer it...to feel so elated at 9:30ish on a Saturday morning lifts my weekend...I'f forgotten the good energies you receive on a park run (including the social elements).

What are you folks using those bands for (and how?). Best thing I discovered at the gym recently was the Kettle Bell - the swings are such an ace all rounder...I swear I get a little high when doing them (the cannabinoids flowing I guess).

Well I have been back running and in the gym for a couple of weeks now. As I have mentioned a few times on here, I have Crohns and it plays havoc with my fitness. The ironic thing about Crohns is that no exercise and eating plain but unhealthy food seems to actually ease symptoms.
But I am determined to try and get fit, lose some weight and be better prepared mentally to deal with things.
Now up to running 7 miles without stopping. Hoping to do 8.5 on Wednesday.
Had a camera where the sun don't shine yesterday and only mild inflammation in 2 places. That is far better than I was 8 weeks ago. The healthy living is definitely having an effect :-D

Good to hear mate - keep it up (the healthy living...not the camera...).

Ran 12 miles at 8.15 pace on Monday night in my quest to run a sub 3.45 marathon in New York, hoping to do 15 miles tonight in a similar pace. If anyone is interested in sponsoring me i've added the just giving link below, i did my first triathlon last year for the same foundation. All donations kindly welcome.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/shaun-hinchynym

Thanks in advance.

Ran 12 miles at 8.15 pace on Monday night in my quest to run a sub 3.45 marathon in New York, hoping to do 15 miles tonight in a similar pace.
None of my business, but please be wary of injury when training like that! Also, your training pace seems way off for your marathon goals, but again, that's none of my business...

Why the fuck does this thread always seem to get bumped up the front page on days when I haven’t ran a yard, and sat all evening eating chocolate instead?!

You mean pace is too fast? Just done 14 miles tonight at 8:25 per mile.
If you're running at that sort of pace in appropriate, beneficial heart rate zones, I'd expect you to be aiming for a 3:15 marathon. For sub-3:45, you'd be doing LSRs around 9:30 pace or slower.

Which HR zones are you in when you do these LSRs?

If you're running at that sort of pace in appropriate, beneficial heart rate zones, I'd expect you to be aiming for a 3:15 marathon. For sub-3:45, you'd be doing LSRs around 9:30 pace or slower.

Which HR zones are you in when you do these LSRs?

I’ll put last nights run heart zones on my Strava mate for you to see. Can’t post them on here.

On there now mate, have a look and let me know what you think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.