Running thread

I do it at 6.30am, as its quite cool. However if I oversleep that's my opportunity gone. Pavements are too narrow round here to social distance properly after 7am, unless I keep running into the middle of the road to avoid people. Stepson does his at 11pm for same reason

6.30 to 8 is the sweet spot imo.

Get it done early doors.

Decided to put the Stella down and start running again. My commute to work is 6 miles, my aim is to run home daily by the end of July. I've started run/walking home and am feeling better for it already.
Keep it up mate, take you less than an hour once you’ve gotten used to it. Save money and get fitter....

Keep it up mate, take you less than an hour once you’ve gotten used to it. Save money and get fitter....
If you look at the Lockdown weight thread, the people who list weight are all putting it down to a long daily walk. Still has many of the cardiovascular benefits of running without as much of the exertion.

Right, after weeks on the treadmill I finally took the plunge and went for my first run outdoors yesterday. Chose a route near me that’s just under 4km. I enjoyed it but my legs were aching like fuck afterwards. That’s something that doesn’t happen on the treadmill. I’ve been doing 20 minute stints at 5.4Mph and coming off the back of them sweating cobs. I thought I was doing a similar pace yesterday but when I got home and checked my time and speed, it turned out I was averaging around 6.4Mph. No wonder I was in so much pain ha ha

Last edited:
Right, after weeks on the treadmill I finally took the plunge and went for my first run outdoors yesterday. Chose a route near me that’s just under 4km. I enjoyed it but my legs were aching like fuck afterwards. That’s something that doesn’t happen on the treadmill. I’ve been doing 20 minute stints at 5.4Mph and coming off the back of them sweating cobs. I thought I was doing a similar pace yesterday but when I got home it turned and checked my time and speed, it turned out I was averaging around 6.4Mph. No wonder I was in so much pain ha ha
The treadmill also does plenty of the work for you, it’s moving under you and running outdoors is totally different but much better for you physically and mentally although it probably won’t feel it sometimes haha.

Right, after weeks on the treadmill I finally took the plunge and went for my first run outdoors yesterday. Chose a route near me that’s just under 4km. I enjoyed it but my legs were aching like fuck afterwards. That’s something that doesn’t happen on the treadmill. I’ve been doing 20 minute stints at 5.4Mph and coming off the back of them sweating cobs. I thought I was doing a similar pace yesterday but when I got home it turned and checked my time and speed, it turned out I was averaging around 6.4Mph. No wonder I was in so much pain ha ha
For me it's constant pounding on the hard pavement / road that takes it out of my body - it is a bit of a shock when converting treadmill running to road running.

Stick with it, if I can make the transition anyone can............

Do you put the treadmill on an incline bud ?

Yeah mate - an incline of 1! That said, I’ve done some of the preset programs where the incline is a lot greater and it felt totally different to running outdoors.

No worries mate, don't think you'll ever get them to mimic the real thing fully, too many things to consider, but 1 or 2 generally tends to mimic outside running conditions better, but if you've already tried that, maybe get some ankle weights :-D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.