Running thread

*Todays Gaz76 blowing his own trumpet post*

Great day for it today, just went out for a steady long one, and kept goinView attachment 11339
Well done on that. I think marathons have bypassed me. I'm 59 now, and I don't think I have it in me any more. I ran four half-marathons last year, but I couldn't have done any more.

I've done a 16k and a 10k this week. My last three runs and my average heart rate has been 149 for each of them. I can't seem to get much below this, without slowing to walking pace.

Well done on that. I think marathons have bypassed me. I'm 59 now, and I don't think I have it in me any more. I ran four half-marathons last year, but I couldn't have done any more.

I've done a 16k and a 10k this week. My last three runs and my average heart rate has been 149 for each of them. I can't seem to get much below this, without slowing to walking pace.
Never say never mate, loads of folk much older than you run marathons, if you want it go get it

Had a week off as I have been a bit rough of late. Took advantage of the nice weather and ran 11k friday, 15k yesterday and 10k today. Nice easy pace but great to be out now the paths are drying up and the sun is shining.

Does anybody on here train by heart rate zones?

Wondering if this is the way forwards and what are your experiences of it?

Went for my first run in 7 months (8km) last Sunday and going again tomorrow morning. Had tight hamstrings for 4 days after last run. Any tips to stop this?

Stretch before and after your run. Make it part of your daily routine to stretch.

I used to hate stretching in my 20s, it now works wonders for me and has been key to preventing injuries. Recovery is been better and haven't ached as much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.