Running thread

I‘ve only ever done 3 x 10k‘s before today, all official ones - Bury, Cheshire and Tatton Park. Plus I’ve done one half marathon, the Great Manchester Run in 2019. I’ve probably done 500 x 5k’s over the last 5 years since I started running, so I’m so used to that distance.

My best 10k was the Cheshire which I did in 54 mins, but that is the flattest of flat runs, hence why I tried to play safe today as wasn’t overly sure of my current fitness levels as I’ve had various niggles that I’ve been continually running through. But happy enough with 58 mins as that’s the pace I intended going for, but just pleasantly surprised how easy I found it and then of course you just regret not pushing harder.

Really enjoyed it though which is main thing and I’ll make it a regular distance now, think I’ll plan to do it once a month.
I do it once a week at least mate, think if I’m going out running I may as well do 50 minutes if I was going to do 30....

Well that didn’t quite go to plan. Took my little lad on the first 4K and said I’d drop him off back at home and then carry on with the last 6k. Went to pause my run to put my music on and hit end run rather than pause. Had to start the whole thing all over again. Oh well 14k for a Sunday is good for me. Well done everyone, some quality times. 4F16BBF8-076A-4B8A-BA8B-929FDF4A8CD5.jpeg

I do it once a week at least mate, think if I’m going out running I may as well do 50 minutes if I was going to do 30....
Once a month will do me, lol, I’m a bigger lump than you.

I‘ll also be back playing 6 a side again from the 29th, and I play 3 times a week. Get the gyms safely open so I can start doing spin again and I’ll be back where I want to be!

42:22 which was better than I expected. With no parkruns events, seems an age since I pushed myself so found it, mentally, quite tough going.

Well done everyone, some tremendous efforts and thanks @BlueHammer85 for organising.

Attachments

• 67696061-ACB4-4996-982E-A8FECF991B65.png
    67696061-ACB4-4996-982E-A8FECF991B65.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 127725FF-DB23-436E-B832-145159FAAFB6.png
    127725FF-DB23-436E-B832-145159FAAFB6.png
    194.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
42:22 which was better than I expected. With no parkruns, events seems an age since I pushed myself so found it, mentally, quite tough going.

Well done everyone, some tremendous effort and thanks @BlueHammer85 for organising.
Flying that mate, nice work, plus the scenery looks a little more glamorous than princess parkway on a dull sunday morning!!

Flying that mate, nice work, plus the scenery looks a little more glamorous than princess parkway on a dull sunday morning!!

Cheers pal. Like I say was not really sure what I had in the tank until today, so pretty pleased with it. Still a long way to go to catch up with you, another tremendous time.

Yeah its ok, but not so great when you are travelling back from a night match, In winter, after a drab 1-0 defeat.

I went through town and out up to Maine Rd then back down Oxford rd to Fountain st. nice long stretch to finish... like you say @franksinatra certainly has a more scenic route than us!!

I would have broken down in tears doing that route, only been back once or twice, since the move, and always felt as depressed as hell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.