Running thread

Did my first half marathon , last km was hard , I really can’t see it being possible for a full marathon my legs were going at 19 km today .
Conditioning mate, nothing more than that. The more you do this and linger distance the easier it becomes. Never easy, just easier.

Did my first half marathon , last km was hard , I really can’t see it being possible for a full marathon my legs were going at 19 km today .

i always said that after my HM, then i just signed up for marathon and gave it a go... its mental how good i felt at 13-17 miles ! after that was torture, second marathon felt good until last few miles.

Last edited:
Question , how many times a week do I need to run and how far if I want to move up to a full marathon ?, sore today so I’m going to ride a marathon on my bike .

Question , how many times a week do I need to run and how far if I want to move up to a full marathon ?, sore today so I’m going to ride a marathon on my bike .

Go for :

Monday - small light run
tuesday - rest
wednesday - 10k
thursday - rest
friday - small light run
saturday - 5k
sunday - long arse run... start off 8 miles (then gradually increase a few miles every couple/few weeks until you reach about 16-18 miles) - plan to hit 16-18 a couple weeks before Marathon - then decrease a few miles in the couple weekends before the big day

Go for :

Monday - small light run
tuesday - rest
wednesday - 10k
thursday - rest
friday - small light run
saturday - 5k
sunday - long arse run... start off 8 miles (then gradually increase a few miles every couple/few weeks until you reach about 16-18 miles) - plan to hit 16-18 a couple weeks before Marathon - then decrease a few miles in the couple weekends before the big day
You trying to kill him lol!!

For my first 2 marathons my schedule was as follows.

Weds 10k or so, little longer maybe but not by much.
Saturday I’d do the occasional park run (5k)

Sunday LSR. Up to 21-22 miles a few weeks before the marathon itself, build it up a mile or so a week.
Monday, 4-5 mile recovery run.

Don’t start off too ambitious, build the distance on how you feel, loads of training plans available online, usually from 16 weeks before.
And above all enjoy it!!

Others can probably give you more advice @Stuuuuuu definitely can.

Go for :

Monday - small light run
tuesday - rest
wednesday - 10k
thursday - rest
friday - small light run
saturday - 5k
Cheers Hammer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.