Running thread

Did my 10k PB yesterday at the GMR a sub 55 min

GMR App says I ran in 54:02

Garmin/Strava are saying I did it in 53:48

Garmin stated i did it 14 secs earlier than GMR are suggesting, and also the course was finished before the finish line.
weird
That happened to me on my first ever marathon (Edinburgh). Got to 26.2 miles on the watch and I was still nowhere near the finish - couldn't even see it! Finally crossed the line on 26.5 miles. Those last 0.3 miles were a test of character, I can tell you!

Well done all Blues on your recent running exploits. It's great to read about them, however good or bad. Special shout out to @BlueHammer85 on running every day for 1000 days. That's an absolutely monumental effort - well done.

I was in Cornwall last week. I'm tapering my training now, after a long, long run last weekend. I did plenty of walking, but alas, no running. 13km on Sunday though, which was a bit tough, and a comfortable 9km today in exactly one hour (that's a great time for me!).

I'm really looking forward to the Manchester Marathon in two weeks. The weather forecast looks favorable (I know it can change). I've got my race number. I'm ready for it.

Well done all Blues on your recent running exploits. It's great to read about them, however good or bad. Special shout out to @BlueHammer85 on running every day for 1000 days. That's an absolutely monumental effort - well done.

I was in Cornwall last week. I'm tapering my training now, after a long, long run last weekend. I did plenty of walking, but alas, no running. 13km on Sunday though, which was a bit tough, and a comfortable 9km today in exactly one hour (that's a great time for me!).

I'm really looking forward to the Manchester Marathon in two weeks. The weather forecast looks favorable (I know it can change). I've got my race number. I'm ready for it.

Cheers bud

best of luck for Manchester Marathon

Cheers mate, 10 miles with a fractured hip, wow!!
Knowing myself when the gun goes at london I will have been telling my self all week to take it easy, but fly off at some ridiculous pace!! Just have to try and hold it at the end!!

Make sure you get into a good spot with your pacer/target finish time group. I was in the 3:59 group but when the three starting groups merged a few miles in we ended up behind a 4hr30 group for some reason.

I then made the wrong call and decided to run a zigzag route through them which got me to halfway bang on schedule but took its toll.

I think that was a one off as no one I know has had that happen. It's hard not to go off quick at such an event but I've seen your runs on strava and you will deliver the time you target I'm sure! Enjoy it.

550 is lot of pages to read, so I’ll just ask.

Anyone on this thread come back to running after catching covid, and if so, how long after did you start running again, and how did you stagger/step up to doing so? Cheers for any advice based on experience.

550 is lot of pages to read, so I’ll just ask.

Anyone on this thread come back to running after catching covid, and if so, how long after did you start running again, and how did you stagger/step up to doing so? Cheers for any advice based on experience.

I went out when I felt able to, as with any other illness really. Found it a real struggle at first and was out of breath quite quickly but the second run I was back to normal. Everyone seems to have different experiences of covid. Some have had longer term issues which have impacted their lives more severely. I felt fine fairly quickly.

If you are feeling well enough, just go out and try a gentle run and gauge it from there.

anyone got any more races lined up this year? If so where?
After london/manc Ive got this one at the end of the month, Should be a good un and something a bit different, the guys that run it are a good bunch so looking forward to it.

Or you can try having a look on run abc its pretty good for listings of races, Im like a kid in a sweet shop on there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.