Running thread

I was cursing you at the end! Felt pretty good for the most part and just hung in there from Mile 9 onwards knowing I was well ahead of pace.
Haha the hanging on in is the fun bit!! Especially when you live to tell the tale!!
Did the great manchester half yesterday, totally ignored the sensible side of my head which said to rest before london and ended up with 1.28.39.
Was following the 1.30 pacer but there was a few around him so decided to go past them, he came firing past me with about a mile left with only one guy with him and I reckon his sprint finish got him about 1.28.20.
I finished in 66th place which Im happy with, as two years ago when I did it I finished 1474th in 1.53,
All about london now

Haha the hanging on in is the fun bit!! Especially when you live to tell the tale!!
Did the great manchester half yesterday, totally ignored the sensible side of my head which said to rest before london and ended up with 1.28.39.
Was following the 1.30 pacer but there was a few around him so decided to go past them, he came firing past me with about a mile left with only one guy with him and I reckon his sprint finish got him about 1.28.20.
I finished in 66th place which Im happy with, as two years ago when I did it I finished 1474th in 1.53,
All about london now
Good luck mate. I'm sure you'll smash it.

The quicker time is what you tell everyone ;-). Warrington HM yesterday was the same. My Garmin clocked a HM before I got to the official finish line.

GPS can be like that. I've ran with a mate using an Apple watch vs my Garmin and I end up having to run further to achieve the same distance. Always cracks me up as I'm sure they feed off the same satellites.

mental isnt it.

Garmin did that with my HM a few weeks ago blaming the trees

All about london now
That's a decent time and virtually the same as my PB following a 1.30 pacer at Blackpool a few years ago when i was a bit fitter....and younger :(

How close to 3 hours will you get at London? Under 3.10?

All about london now
That’s brilliant mate, I’ve been struck down with COVID so haven’t run now for a week and in isolation until the back end of the week, that’s why I’ve not been on Strava. Gutted!

That's a decent time and virtually the same as my PB following a 1.30 pacer at Blackpool a few years ago when i was a bit fitter....and younger :(

How close to 3 hours will you get at London? Under 3.10?
Thanks mate, I dont know whats going to happen at london to be honest, think under 3.10 maybe asking a bit much but will give it a crack, 3.15 is a GFA time so thats a rough target, have to see how the legs feel on the day, and it was probably a bit daft to go so quick yesterday, Ive also got the Manchester Marathon the week after as well so not sure whether to just "enjoy" london and try and crack the whip on home soil. Decisions decisions

That’s brilliant mate, I’ve been struck down with COVID so haven’t run now for a week and in isolation until the back end of the week, that’s why I’ve not been on Strava. Gutted!
Shite, thats no good mate, hopefully you have not had any symptoms and just tested positive, Ive seen a few folk that have struggled to get back into it after covid, but saying that Ive also seen others say they been fine. Hopefully you will be in the latter group mate and back and firing soon.

Thanks mate, I dont know whats going to happen at london to be honest, think under 3.10 maybe asking a bit much but will give it a crack, 3.15 is a GFA time so thats a rough target, have to see how the legs feel on the day, and it was probably a bit daft to go so quick yesterday, Ive also got the Manchester Marathon the week after as well so not sure whether to just "enjoy" london and try and crack the whip on home soil. Decisions decisions
Blimey, two marathons in week. I couldn't offer any advise on that. Good luck with whatever approach you decide on.

Unbelievable running mate! I would leave it all out there in London. I did the London marathon in 2016 and the atmosphere is incredible. I ended it with a stress fracture in my hip which had started to hurt around mile 16 but the crowd keep you going. Everytime I stopped and walked someone cheered me on and I got a jog going again. It ruined me for a good year mind...

Use the Manchester one as a nice gentle recovery run... as if you could ever call a marathon a recovery run!

Unbelievable running mate! I would leave it all out there in London. I did the London marathon in 2016 and the atmosphere is incredible. I ended it with a stress fracture in my hip which had started to hurt around mile 16 but the crowd keep you going. Everytime I stopped and walked someone cheered me on and I got a jog going again. It ruined me for a good year mind...

Use the Manchester one as a nice gentle recovery run... as if you could ever call a marathon a recovery run!
Cheers mate, 10 miles with a fractured hip, wow!!
Knowing myself when the gun goes at london I will have been telling my self all week to take it easy, but fly off at some ridiculous pace!! Just have to try and hold it at the end!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.