Running thread

Hi guys, long time lurker on this thread and minimal contributor. Just signed up for the half marathon in Macc at the end of October so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I’m a regular 10k runner between 47-50 mins but never really gone that much further.
TIA!

You will smash it easily with that time.

I spent nearly a year out running properly and did the Manchester HM in May. Did my fastest in just over 2 hours.

If you want to test yourself on how you do in a HM there's one in Stockport next month.

Get some running gels to run around with you, will help boost your levels for sure.

Reactions: ob
You will smash it easily with that time.

I spent nearly a year out running properly and did the Manchester HM in May. Did my fastest in just over 2 hours.

If you want to test yourself on how you do in a HM there's one in Stockport next month.

Get some running gels to run around with you, will help boost your levels for sure.
Thanks mate

Hi guys, long time lurker on this thread and minimal contributor. Just signed up for the half marathon in Macc at the end of October so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I’m a regular 10k runner between 47-50 mins but never really gone that much further.
TIA!
Good luck mate, as others said running those times and distances you'll be fine. Maybe couple longer efforts closer to the time and remember to taper last 2 weeks so cut back a little

Intended going out in my new Brooks this morning but left knee starting playing up yesterday. Walked about 4 miles in morning and felt fine. Don't remember doing anything to make it hurt. Struggled to walk down the stairs this morning. Think trainers be staying in box a few days

Good luck mate, as others said running those times and distances you'll be fine. Maybe couple longer efforts closer to the time and remember to taper last 2 weeks so cut back a little
Thanks mate, did a 12k this morning and gonna increase gradually

Reactions: ob
TIA!

That is a really good time for a 10k. You have plenty of time to train til October. I would recommend increasing the length of your runs between now and then. You do not need to do them fast initially, just get the mileage in the legs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.